You Would | Teen Ink

You Would

By Firefaerie SILVER, Austin, Texas
Firefaerie SILVER, Austin, Texas

"Do not pity the dead. pity the living, and above all, those who live without love" - J.K Rowling
"There's always another secret" -Brandon Sanderson

Hello, my name is Miranda, but my friends call me Micah. At least when I had any friends. But, surely if your reading this, you would know that, wouldn't you? You would know why this is written, why I'm not saying this out loud, and why I no longer have friends.
But of course, you would deny that it was your fault, pass it on to the next person standing, and so on and so forth in a never ending chain.
Heh. It reminds me about how this letter came to be: Something about me was said, other people believed it (even though it wasn't true) and in turn those people told more people, and it goes on and on.
But it WAS your fault.
And yours.
And yours.
And yours.
You did nothing to make anything better. All you did was make my life miserable.
So go ahead, tell yourself that you have no idea what I'm talking about. feed yourself those lies. But all the while, there will be a little voice inside your head telling you to STOP LYING.
It wasn't just your fault though, I don't want you to feel all the guilt, it was everybody's' fault.
If you saw me in the halls, if i tried to talk to you, if you snickered behind my back, it's your fault, too.
YOUR the reason I gave up.
YOUR the reason I didn't think life was worth living.
YOUR the reason I wrote this.
But more importantly, your the reason I decided to commit suicide.

Don't know what bullying could do? Here's something. I don't feel this way, but I started to think about reasons why people commit suicide. This is what came out on my paper.

half.note said...
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
I liked how you added a personal spin to the message of the effects of bullying and how we treat others. The only thing that could have made it even more powerful is to develop your character more. Maybe mention the things she liked to do for fun, her family, and even some significant relatable "memories." Also, you might want to consider changing the term "commit suicide" to something more... dramatic (for lack of a better word. Commiting suicide sounds so matter-of-fact and technical. Try something like "took my own life." Anyways, overall it was very well-written and thought-provoking. Great job. :)

IndigoElisabeth SILVER, Woodbury, New Jersey

John 1:1

Sorry I didn't get around to commenting on this. Okay....Good job on the story, except a few spelling mistakes. But I would suggest you add more. More experiences of the person narrating, more of why they decided to do it, etc. Great job!