Its not me, its me. | Teen Ink

Its not me, its me.

By Ashley Rivera BRONZE, Bronx, New York
Ashley Rivera BRONZE, Bronx, New York

It’s quite gruesome what you’re participating in. You know it’s caused you to disconnect from the world itself, rewinding into memories that seem to never fade away no matter how much times you try to erase. Just keep unfolding mysterious that have lead to other mysterious in which eventually turn into misery. It hasn't occurred to yet that your well-being isn't revolving around you anymore, instead it gradually making its way out of your life. You stare into the mirror trying to identify yourself who am I? Who are you? What are you? Where are you? It seems rhetorical to ask, but you’re just upsetting me. I can answer this; you’re an aspiring Barbie doll who lacks in confidence and loveliness. A girl who always takes side with pessimism and when pessimism knocks her down to the floor until her tears form an ocean on the ground, she still forgives it. You can say pessimism is a color that best suits her. A Grayish black with a touch of ruby red to, symbolize her sinister thoughts. She argues that she wants’ a place where rights as young girl are recognized; she wants a place where democracy isn't overpowered by the law; a place where it’s isolated away from the creatures that lurk into her mind capturing what’s exceptional. I’m puzzled by what she meant by that. If only I could convince her that those creatures capturing the good things in her mind, are created by her. If only she knew I loved her so dearly and that it deepens my heart when she tries to open up to challenges and battle those demons that are attracted to her fear, it might just reconnect her back to this divine universe. But she’s too busy making her way to the toilet to purge out the worries that stumbles upon her life. As soon as she bends down to unfold what’s going to regurgitate out of her stomach, she looks back at me with an irritated face, “If only you knew my motives then you’ll figure out why I am like this”.
I just simply nodded, and said, “Of course I know because I am you”.

This piece was written for girls who are deal with bulimia,struggle with some other health issues and trying to make something out of life.