The Deprived Life of the Lonely Wind | Teen Ink

The Deprived Life of the Lonely Wind

January 28, 2014
By floridagirl SILVER, Summerfield, Florida
floridagirl SILVER, Summerfield, Florida
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Make sure your worst enemy doesn't live between your own two ears" -Laird Hamilton


You can't see me. You can feel me. Some even say you can hear me. My power is great. I am everywhere. From the coastal cities of Florida, to the dry farms of Kansas. I am everywhere. I can be as gentle as a kiss from a child, but mess with me and I will unleash my wrath upon you.

I carry the Fall leaves, like little gifts from the trees, and decorate the Earth floor for you humans, but how do you thank me? You take my gifts and move them into giant hideous piles and burn,BURN,them! Destroying their vivid colors, their true beauty, and replacing it with flames and smoke and darkness. But that is how you humans work, doing only what seems best for you. You are a selfish breed. Honestly, you really do hurt my feelings, but I'll get you back when the snow comes.

In the Winter I bring blizzards, but only when I'm mad. Which is often, I don't like Winter much. The cold slaps you in the face leaving it red and burning with pain, I'm sorry, but you are what I call "collateral damage". All I want is to make it South.

I relieve you on a hot Summer day with my costal coolness brought in from the poles. My little gift that you can't destroy. Oh how I love Summer waves on the shores, kites whirling through the air and the glorious windmills, all to my advantage.

In the Spring I spread the seeds creating myriads of gorgeous flowers. Fields of them to be exact. I help your gardens grow and you stay cool.

All I try to do is help. But nobody sees it that way. All you see in me is pain and disaster. I get no appreciation, nobody understands the pressure of being me. For I am the wind the misunderstood wonder of the world.