Disolving | Teen Ink

Disolving

February 16, 2014
By MidnightMoanerMonroe GOLD, Dacula, Georgia
MidnightMoanerMonroe GOLD, Dacula, Georgia
10 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss


I embraced the ground. As the overwhelm of the world settled in, my breathing crumbled and I sank to my knees on the cold hard tile. I clutched at the wall, gripping the air in my fists tightly, hoping that perhaps if I could hold on well enough, I could survive the massive attack the world had waged upon me. I began to shake with the struggle of holding in my sobs as the tears flooded my eyes. I took a shuddery breath and the pain was too much, the stress, to overwhelm, the terror of losing him. It was just too much for me to handle and I let the body wracking sobs and wails out, as I could no longer contain them, as I curled tightly into myself on the bathroom floor. I was never going to see him again, and the last thing I did with him was fight. My last words to him were, "Get away from me." Now, all I wanted was for him to be there with me. Without even realizing it, I reached into my pocket and pulled out my metal savior. My sharp protection. My blade. I blinked rapidly, and through my tears watched myself place it over my wrist. I felt myself yank it away, and I watched as the bright red began to slowly drip down my arm onto the floor. I watched, fascinated and horrified, as I created several more gashes, each deeper than the last. As I placed my blade on my wrist once more, I watched as larger hand than mine, grabbed the unmarked wrist and wrenched the blade out of the hand. My vision was starting to blur around the edges. I heard a painfully familiar voice shouting my name, and a head with a glowing gold halo appeared in my compromised vision. Warm arms wrapped around me, and as my vision darkened I hear the voice whisper, "I came back."