Can it get worse? | Teen Ink

Can it get worse?

December 4, 2008
By Anonymous

I felt a cold chill run down my back. Everyone was surrounding me, in an evil circle. They laughed. Nothing but the overwhelming sound of laughter. This started just a few months ago.
I was happy, then. Everyone really never bothered me. I had my small group of friends, and my enemies really just left me alone. I have no idea what happened. I remember one day, about fourth period, I had been sitting there minding my own buisness, when, a girl came up.
"You are so gross! I hate you!!" I asked her what she was talking about, and her answer was, "You know what you did!" Then, I started hearing it all. Me? Why would SHE say something like that? I never did anything to make her mad! But, yet, I'm still her next victim! I know for a fact I never did that! If she wants to do that, she better leave MY friends alone!
The next day, people had spread the whole story around the school. Even to eighth graders! That's the big start. Every time I'd walk in the halls and hear the worst insults ever. I just don't know what happened. Everyone suddenly hated me.
So know, here I am, with the wrong kind of people surrounding me. I know I could have it worse, but, if anyone out there reading have listened to me, everyone knows how bad this feels. It's like the end of the world. Eventually, SHE'll leave me alone, and I'll go back to normal.

PEACE