under the moonlight | Teen Ink

under the moonlight

By epicpanda111 BRONZE, North Richland Hills, Texas
epicpanda111 BRONZE, North Richland Hills, Texas

UNDER THE MOONLIGHT
Fiction

As I walked into the open field the starry night illuminating the blade of my dagger, I knew I must be close. I had been chasing my prey for days through the dark tunnels of Maine, waiting for him to slip up. The fanged beast had been on three killing sprees in three different states, each time completely wiping out the time completely. The F.B.I was stumped but I knew who it was. My best friend Hayden, he had recently turned at the hands of another one of those disgusting beasts. I still can’t say that word…vampire, I can’t believe they’re real. Just three weeks ago I was sitting on my couch eating Doritos and playing Xbox, now I’m a monster hunter chasing my best friend through Maine with a silver dagger and a wooden stake. Just then I saw him emerging maybe ten yards ahead of me. I started sprinting after him, I knew this had to end now. When I got close enough I lunged at him sinking my daggers eight inch blade into his ankle, his skin cringing and burning at the touch. He let out a low deep screech, his fangs shooting out of his gums and resting in front of his canines while his leg turned black as the sky above us and crispy. As he hit the ground he bit a chunk of dirt. I climbed on top of him and raised my stake above my head. He looked into my eyes and I said, “I’m sorry my friend”and sunk the stake into his heart