The End | Teen Ink

The End

By carissathestoryteller GOLD, Bremen, Georgia
carissathestoryteller GOLD, Bremen, Georgia

Remember... that each child is a separate person. Yours forever, but never fully yours. She can never be all you wished or wanted or all you know she could be. But she will be a better human being if you can let her be herself. ~Stella Chess

The world does not seem so important any longer. Now that I am above its influence, I find I had no interest in it anyway. Things I had, money I made, does not hold any importance to me now. I have discovered that regret followed me even here. I should have lent a hand, should have smiled more. I remember that girl, the one I passed every day in the hall but never bothered to say hello to. I wish I had asked her name. Maybe she could have been a friend. Would have been a much better one than the ones I had. We could have had fun. I suppose that cannot be helped now, though it is all that is on my mind at the moment. It is rather amusing, the things I think of afterwards, when it does not matter any longer. The boy I turned down at a dance, afraid of ruining my already soiled reputation. The child I shook off when she took my hand and looked up at me with wide brown eyes. The old man I looked away from when all he needed was someone to talk to. But no matter. I must cast these things from my mind now, before I grow too upset. This is not a time for grievance. This is my release. My sweet, sweet end. And despite my mistakes, I do believe I may be able to make what I will and have a Happily Ever After, complete with The End.

In case you didn't pick it up (I tend to be accidentally very vague), this is set after the main character's death, when they're in-between, looking back on their life. I'm feeling very nostalgic today, I suppose. (I put it under so many tags because I don't say specifically what they did but there are many things they may have that they regret.)

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences