Hamlet: Cladius's corentaion speech with exaples (AP English) | Teen Ink

Hamlet: Cladius's corentaion speech with exaples (AP English)

By KaiLeena PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana
KaiLeena PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana

"He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you."
— Bob Marley

My brothers, sisters, my family, and my country; hear me for I am delighted to claim the throne on behalf of my brother, your deceased king. Twas't an unfortunate passing, but shall justicee prevail his untimley demise. This hand I have been dealt is one that I have dreampt upon, and because of my dearly departed brother's death; the duties of the throne have been thrust upon me. Indeed, it is true that the throne may carry a noose around my neck and multiple burdens on ym shoudler, but I shall uphold it with honor and dignity. I will rule the throne with an everlasting fist. I will make he who creates turmoil pay. I will punish the muderers with death itself, and make the adulterors plead for their lives. I will rule the throne the way it was born to be ruled.

Do not fret, for those who pitifully wallow will sober by a mid summers night. Instead of drowning in unshed grief, rejoice; for I am your king! It is indeed the truth that many will miss my dear departed brother, but there is no bringing him back. Therfore, I decree that all shall forget about him. Yes, cruel; but I have forgotton of him in order to rule this throne.

I fore warn you, for I am a man of many blood drowned secrets; but those secrets will remain inside of me with no hint of questioning. Has't been your king murdered a beloved's body and soul? Twas't it wrong to send a murderor, Hamlet to his death? Has't been that your king married his sister- in -law and let his manlyhood enter her gates without regret. Twas't wrong to try to make her forget of her late husband, King Hamlet by seducing her to my own bed? Woe is he who looks upon me with disdain. Haven't we all committed sin? I am your king, and I expect that all of you better come to accept this. It will be a slightly difficult transition, but if ye shall take away the evil veil from thine eyes; I shall bring our country to righteousness.

This was a peice of writing that I had to do for AP English. I thought I would share it and see what you guys think. I had to portray Cladius's personality and act like I was him. I also had to use three examples from the play.