The Snake Tale | Teen Ink

The Snake Tale

November 20, 2014
By shywoah BRONZE, Mmm, Georgia
shywoah BRONZE, Mmm, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the olden days when there was only a moon and stars to dimly light the vast fields and rivers of the world there lived two great gods named Lao and Feri. Lao and Feri were the gods of life, and created the land of Traspar along with a Sun to give bright light. Soon after the creation, when the god’s were sure the land was just right they created people; the people were granted a white rose from the gods on the day of their birth. The god’s would then plant the roses in between two of the biggest trees in the land. 
  For many, many years Traspar was a land of peace, and the gods were very proud of their creation. But, one year people and their roses started disappearing without a trace. The families of these people were becoming very furious, and turned against the gods, for they believed that the gods were doing this to them. The Traspar people decided they had to get rid of the gods to protect their families. They gathered at the two trees and cast a spell on them; the spell forced the gods into the trees and out of the land.
  But, one small portion of the people believed that the god’s didn’t cause the disappearances, and the spell against them was not the right thing to do. They knew the gods gave them life, and that they wouldn’t do this to them. This small portion of people forced the spell casters out and away from the land around the trees and roses. 
  They decided to call themselves Pooka, and to worship the trees the gods were forced into all the days of their life. The people of Pooka were magically returned gifts for their praise and worship. Their land was now beautifully decorated with all the best flowers and stones, which were gifted to them. The most precious and magical part to them was the white roses still laid each time a baby of the tribe was born, and the strangest part of it all was that the spell casters, which were forced out of the land, never got theirs.
  The spell casters became very jealous of this, and came up with a plan to sneak somebody into the tribe of Pooka with the intentions of stealing all of their stones and roses. In the spell casters tribe lived a girl named Panya. She had no parents and the only way to stay alive was to steal, so the tribe knew she was perfect for this. Panya over time had developed the ability to sneak things away without being noticed. So she headed toward her target, the Pooka tribe, without hesitation.   She reached the tribe and hid behind some brush, watching from afar as the tribe fell asleep.
   Soon after the tribe fell asleep she snuck over to the roses and grabbed as many as she could reach at a time. Suddenly, a baby started crying. She looked around and saw that some people had disappeared, including the baby’s mother.  Her eyes grew wide as she realized that the other people started waking up from their sleep.
  “Thief!” a man called out from behind her, and people tried grabbing her arms in an attempt to stop her from running, with no success. She ran as fast as her little legs would let her, with the Pooka hot on her trail.
  After what felt like an eternity, she found what she thought was a safe place. She scrambled up a huge tree after she was sure the Pooka had lost her. All of a sudden the tree started rumbling, and shaking beneath her. She could sense someone was there with her. “Who dares climb into my tree?!” A voice roared near her, scaring Panya half to death. “P-Payna.” The orphan managed to stutter.
  The curse was suddenly lifted, and the God’s emerged from the darkness below. “I am Lao, and this is Feri. Why are you hiding young girl?” he asked, although they already knew the reason why. Panya opened her mouth to speak but all that escaped was a scream of excruciating pain.
  “What’s going on?” She screeched hysterically. Lao’s eyes gleamed with anger, “You stole! You disobeyed the God’s of Life! And for that you must pay!”
  Panya now understood what she did and let the cursed body of a snake take its form. She simply should have obeyed the God’s.


The author's comments:

For a school project of mine :)