The white room | Teen Ink

The white room

By CK1997 SILVER, Christiansburg, Virginia
CK1997 SILVER, Christiansburg, Virginia

We can't choose where we come from but can choose where to go from there

I close my eyes and enter in a white room with doors on each wall. All the doors are open and lead into darkness. I stand in the middle of the room and waiting for something to happen. Suddenly people that, I know appear in each of the doors. Pure silences for one second then everyone starts to scream at me. They were changing me with each word then yelled. Each and every person changed something about me. How I looked, how I acted and even how I thought. Everything was changing all at once. I tried to make it stop yet, nothing seemed to work. I finally screamed at the top of my lungs. It was like a large gust of wind, which shut all the doors at once.

When everything calmed down, I fell to my knees and tried to make sense of everything that happened. I looked up and saw a mirror heading towards me. It stopped a few inches from me and stood still. I stood up and examined myself in the mirror. My makeup and dress were bleeding different colors on to the floor. I touched my hair and tried to brush it with my fingers yet a large thing of hair fell into my hand. I looked closer and saw my hair bleeding black and brown. It was chopped on one side and then the other side was long and trying to curly itself. I was destroyed! I started to cry into the palms of my hands. As, I cried everything was fixing itself. I slowly became myself once again. It was a renewal of me.  I was now back to my growing red hair and wearing all white. No makeup in sight. I felt pure once again with myself.

This was personal for me during a dark time in my life.