One, two, three. | Teen Ink

One, two, three.

April 7, 2015
By BeautyWhispers PLATINUM, Nevada City, California
BeautyWhispers PLATINUM, Nevada City, California
21 articles 0 photos 98 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be Yourself, Be Unique, Be Me. :) - By BeautyWhispers



It happens slowly and emotionally, like going mad, except much much worse.
It happened to a girl named Katie as she was walking down the street, a sweet beautiful girl she was, until it happened of course. It happened just like that...a leg...a step...a fall. One, two, three. But that wasn't the worst. Intentionally, erratically, emotionally. A sneer and a curl of the lip was all it took for her to go running, tears streaming down her rosy cheeks. But the laughter and the cruel comments kept playing over and over in her mind, no matter how hard she tried to erase that terrible feeling. It happened to her again and again. One, two, three. Then the worst came...innocent Katie changed. Her own lip started to curl and a sneer replaced her cheerful smile. She sneered at those who smiled, and beat those who danced and giggled.
Her heart was broken, and the only thing that slowed the pain, was to harm and to hurt others.


Every grin, every smile, every laugh, every mile.
Her heart ached with the need and the greed for love and compassion.
Once known as beautiful and kind, now cruel and unkind.
Everything that once made her happy now makes her sad.


But than it happened...something beautiful and bright....something light in the night.
It happened to a girl named Katie as she walked down the street, a broken unkind girl she was, until it happened of course. It happened just like that...a smile...a hug...a kiss. One, two, three. But that wasn't the best part. Purposefully, beautifully, emotionally. A grin and a wave was all it took for her to smile back, love seeping into her wounds. The smile and the hug kept playing over and over in her mind, and she let the memories seep into her broken heart and rebuild it. It happened to her again and again. One, two, three. Then the best came...hurtful Katie changed. Her sneer became a smile, and her violence turned to love and beauty again.
Her heart was mended, and it had been mended in time, with patience and love.


But she came back stronger, and now lives longer.
Her smile is seen all around, she is now perfectly safe and sound.
She spreads love and joy wherever she goes, and to whoever she knows.
She came back from the dark side stronger than ever before, and she is loved ever the more.