One, two, three. | Teen Ink

One, two, three.

By BeautyWhispers PLATINUM, Nevada City, California
BeautyWhispers PLATINUM, Nevada City, California

Be Yourself, Be Unique, Be Me. :) - By BeautyWhispers

It happens slowly and emotionally, like going mad, except much much worse.
It happened to a girl named Katie as she was walking down the street, a sweet beautiful girl she was, until it happened of course. It happened just like that...a leg...a step...a fall. One, two, three. But that wasn't the worst. Intentionally, erratically, emotionally. A sneer and a curl of the lip was all it took for her to go running, tears streaming down her rosy cheeks. But the laughter and the cruel comments kept playing over and over in her mind, no matter how hard she tried to erase that terrible feeling. It happened to her again and again. One, two, three. Then the worst came...innocent Katie changed. Her own lip started to curl and a sneer replaced her cheerful smile. She sneered at those who smiled, and beat those who danced and giggled.
Her heart was broken, and the only thing that slowed the pain, was to harm and to hurt others.

Every grin, every smile, every laugh, every mile.
Her heart ached with the need and the greed for love and compassion.
Once known as beautiful and kind, now cruel and unkind.
Everything that once made her happy now makes her sad.

But than it happened...something beautiful and bright....something light in the night.
It happened to a girl named Katie as she walked down the street, a broken unkind girl she was, until it happened of course. It happened just like that...a smile...a hug...a kiss. One, two, three. But that wasn't the best part. Purposefully, beautifully, emotionally. A grin and a wave was all it took for her to smile back, love seeping into her wounds. The smile and the hug kept playing over and over in her mind, and she let the memories seep into her broken heart and rebuild it. It happened to her again and again. One, two, three. Then the best came...hurtful Katie changed. Her sneer became a smile, and her violence turned to love and beauty again.
Her heart was mended, and it had been mended in time, with patience and love.

But she came back stronger, and now lives longer.
Her smile is seen all around, she is now perfectly safe and sound.
She spreads love and joy wherever she goes, and to whoever she knows.
She came back from the dark side stronger than ever before, and she is loved ever the more.

Thank you Amai, I actually meant it to be less detail this time because I always do a lot of detail in my essays and writings. But thnks for pointing that out and I will work on my grammar errors thnks. :)

Thank you MysticMusic!!!:)

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

I like this story. I think it's good for a first draft, but can certainly be edited into something even better. The few things I would change would be length and grammar/spelling. This story moves quickly, and that can be good, but I think some more detail and explanations would make it clearer to the reader just what's going on. Also, the grammar and spelling could be improved, but that's just a technical thing, so it's not hard to correct.

MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” -Mae West
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Lovely story, I like how it's vague but has something people can really relate to at the same time.

Thank you The Poetic Justice!:d

ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Hold fast and keep your head up high for life will pass right by you like a speeding bird if you don't acknowledge it- Charles Moorer III (me)

interesting XD I like it lol