The second letter | Teen Ink

The second letter

By SomeoneMagical PLATINUM, Durham, New Hampshire
SomeoneMagical PLATINUM, Durham, New Hampshire

Dear future girlfriend,

I know. Everything seems so insane. It's like, my life's falling apart and I don't know how to fix it. I need you.

Even though I don't know you. It seems stupid. All my friends would laugh if they saw this letter.

But I want you.

You are the one I want more than anything, the one who would wake up beside me, the one who would calm my worst fears. The one who would cure the bad and bring the good.

But I don't know who you are. Not yet.

This future...it seems impossible. I don't know if you'd ever read this letter...maybe I'll put it in a time capsule and fetch it for you once we're old and grey.

But I like you. I know I do. No matter how hard your life might seem, mine's one hundred times worse.

Because, in the nights when i dream about you, you can almost become real.

ThisEmilyDa1 SILVER, BF, New Mexico

only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile
-Albert Instien
the only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Nice letter, I had to laugh because I wrote a story called The Last Letter but it's nothing like yours. I think you did a very good job- the only part I don't like as much is where it said that your life is a million times worse. The reason I don't like it is because you go into how you don't know her yet, so you wouldn't know how bad her life is, plus even if your life is bad you never know what happens behind the scenes for others. But whatever, cause this is still really good. Keep up the good work.

LeilaCruz SILVER, Quezon City, Other
This is a touching letter for a girl :).

Some feedback would be great! Thanks.