dear, someone | Teen Ink

dear, someone

December 14, 2015
By trinitylangley BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
trinitylangley BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the greatest thing you will ever learn is to love and be loved in return" or "we accept the love we think we deserve"


Dear someone,


In our beautiful neighborhood, there had been so many things going on that no one even realized that there had been a death of the smartest kid in our all sports school, of course no one cared, because our high school football team had just won the championship game, and that is all anyone cared about in our school. Last year when the debate team had just gone to state and won, no one even knew because the football team had won. See that is why I would like to move, but we can’t because, you won’t even guess, it’s because my brother has to graduate from this high school because he needs to play football, that way he can get into a good college with a football scholarship. But see no college will dive into the other things that this school has to do, unless it is sports. Okay now enough about me complaining, we need to talk about the death of the smartest kid in our school, his name was Easton James, he was 14 and he was about to graduate, and he got in a crash with his mother Diane, Diane lived but Easton did not.

Now the school should known by now, it being the fourth month of his passing, but everyone thought that he had just moved, his mother even told the principal, but the principal had not made this aware to the rest of the kids. See when Konner Cain died 3 years ago, now before I say these things, i do miss Konner, but i’m just trying to prove my point, when Konner died, we got one week off school to grieve, and then when we got back to school we had a ceremony for his passing, but for Easton we don’t get anything, we didn’t even tell the town, what had happened, the only reason I know is because his mother Diane, Now you’re probably wondering why I haven’t told anyone, since I find this such a big problem, and I have tried to tell people, and you know what they all say, they say “he moved”, or “ that’s sick, why would you play that kind of prank”. I even tried to talk to the most popular kid in school Brett Lowe, but he said “gosh Payton, why would you come to talk to me, and he moved, get out of our circle your not even popular”. Reason 4,235 why I don’t socialize with the “popular” kids.  

So after that traumatic conversation with Brett I went to the principal to ask him why Easton didn’t get anything special like Konner. He told me that Easton didn’t get anything like Konner because, guess, actually don’t guess i’ll just tell you the exact words, “Easton didn’t get anything like Konner, because he wasn’t as known as well as Konner”. WOW, are you kidding me, that was literally the worst thing to say. After that whole talk with Mr.Williams I don’t think I will ever respect him or look at him the way i did before.

I’m so done with this disgusting school, they are the school of all stereotypes, EVEN THE PRINCIPAL.

Maybe if I try to talk to a club or a group thing they could help me, i’m friends with a lot of the girl sport teams, i’ll ask them.

“Hey Syd, do u think you and the volleyball team could help me with something?”
“Ummm ya sure, what is it?”
“Well there was a death awhile back,and no one knows about it and i think people should.”
“Who was it?”
“Easton Jones”
“OMG, are you kidding me how did I not know!?”
“i’m like the only one in the school.”
“Well ya if it was Easton we would love to help, what do u need?”
“I need you guys to start telling people, everyone will listen to you, start today. Then after today come back to the gym and tell me your progress”
“okay no problem”

 

“So how did it go”
“people felt so bad, we even talked to Brett, and he looked like he was going to cry.”
“okay thanks Syd”

 

Wow i can’t believe how people take things when “popular people” tell others things, but when a non-popular says something, no one believes you, well thanks for listening, bye.


love, Trinity