War Against God | Teen Ink

War Against God

By EyyItsDesi PLATINUM, Spencer, Massachusetts
EyyItsDesi PLATINUM, Spencer, Massachusetts

Smile More It's Worth It
-Desi

Chapter 1                                            

I remember the war, as I stood with my brothers and watched Lucifer fall and the creation of Hell. But my brothers aren't Brothers anymore and we are here as mortals to take a dark soul before Lucifer does.

…

My name is James. I'm a regular man with nothing left to do with his life. I wish there was more to my story but there isn’t. I’m a priest at the church up my street. I live in a very bad neighborhood. There are fights around every corner. I usually stay inside, petrified to go out there. The only time I feel safe is on Sunday, when I get up, get dressed, and leave. I can feel everyone stare at me as I leave. Me in my nice suit and all of them in their baggy ripped shirts and one eyed jeans.
At Mass I do my regular thing, where I walk in and see the usual ten to fifteen people. Then I do the same walk in with the organ music and singing. I do the regular prayers, then more singing. I believe in God very much, and  I wish other people would to, but as man once said “you have your beliefs and i have mine”, and I truly believe in this, but i feel like more people are believing in just death other than afterlife in Heaven or Hell. Why, I'm not sure, but it’s the new generations beliefs. Now back to my regular mass, I read a few passages from the bible, Give the bread and wine, then do the final prayer. Then i do it again, at least 3 times every Sunday, 4 if i'm lucky.
I go home and I look at my once beautiful car. that I refuse to go near. Some kids thought it would be funny to write demonic scripture all over it. Then I get inside my home. I read the newspaper. After that I watch TV ,nothing real particular. I jump between shows, I eat and watch some more TV. As I told you earlier i'm not a very exciting person. Theres just me, myself, and God.
I can’t exactly say it's entirely boring, but its mostly boring. I use to be married to the most gorgeous women, but sadly she died last year. She was murdered by a gunman. She was my one and only. Now shes my guardian angel, always watching over me, making sure I make the right choices. I hold back my feelings, but most of the time i want to cry.  What is there left to do with my boring screwed up life? As i sit there i ponder about life. Yah i know it sounds like something a regular priest would do, a little cliche. I wonder about why all this s*** happens to me. I mean, that man not only killed my wife but my soon to be son.
Next week I go to the church do my regular things. I was in the middle of mass reading John 20:23 - 20:24.
“God only can forgive sins, and Christ being God, has a power to do so likewise; but he never communicated any such power to his apostles; nor did they ever assume any such power to themselves, or pretend to exercise it; it is the mark of antichrist, to attempt anything of the kind; who, in so doing, usurps the divine prerogative, places himself in his seat, and shows himself as if he was God: but this is to be understood only in a doctrinal, or ministerial way, by preaching the full and free remission of sins, through the blood of Christ, according to the riches of God's grace, to such as repent of their sins, and believe in Christ; declaring, that all such persons as do so repent and believe, all their sins are forgiven for Christ's sake: and accordingly, The person here spoken of, is described by his Hebrew name Thomas, and his Greek one Didymus, which both signify a twin; and perhaps he was one. It was common with the Jews to have two names, a Jewish and a Gentile one; by the one they went in the land of Israel, and by the other when without the land ; nay, they often went by one name in Judea, and by another in Galilee ; where Thomas might go by the name of Didymus with the Greeks, that might live with the Jews in some of those parts: he is also said to be "one of the twelve" apostles, which was their number at first, though Judas now was gone off from them, and therefore are sometimes only called the "eleven"; but this having been their complement, it is still retained; but what is observed of him to his disadvantage and discredit is, that he…”
I paused looked up at all the people in the crowd and a slight fear hit me. Something was different I wasn’t sure what it was, but it was there in the back. He was staring with what looked like black eyes. I finished the Mass then at the end i walked up to him. When I was face to face with him, he ran and i for some reason chased him. Like I was out of my mind. When he finally stopped he was in front of my house. He pointed at it and vanished.
I was paralyzed for a good three minutes, trying so hard to figure out what happened. Finally i went into my house to see my house normal. I went into my bedroom and across my wall was Latin writing written in blood. Luckily i know Latin and it said:
“And the Lord, he that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he  that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”
They were lines from Deuteronomy 31:8 and 31:6. Terrified was the only word close enough to describe how i felt. I sat on my bed and tried to piece it together who could have gotten into my home, the door was locked, and no windows were broken. Was I going insane, or was this a true message from god? I decided to leave it there.

Chapter 2

Creepy right. Well i didn't want to erase it if it was a message from God. I was in much shock when it happened. The fact that it was unexplainable almost killed me. It became an obsession. i really just wanted to know who did this to my wall or what did this to my wall. I was scared, I must admit, but I was curious. Wasn’t it God who flooded the world because of our curiosity hoping starting fresh would be better, and wasn't it curiosity who killed the cat, but then again satisfaction brought it back.
As I sit there on my computer I wonder why would he chose me. I’m just another man in this world. As i wondered I suddenly felt really tired. I tried to stay up and continue my work but the heaviness in my eyes got to me and slowly but surely i fell asleep.
When I awoke i found myself in my bed. I got up and walked out into my living room. My front door was wide open. I walked over to close it. When I turned around i saw it. The deep blackness in his eyes pulled me in. I was found in a different world. Within this world there was nothing, just blackness. It was amazing! Something about this nothingness was so unexplainable. It took my breathe away. As we came back we were face to face. I wanted to say something, but i couldn’t. He had large white wings. He told me his name, a name I will never forget. One that i had heard of before. His name was Uriel. He spoke with such grace yet i was afraid. He had pointed at the dried blood on my wall. I thought of what it said. Then he put his hand on my shoulder and I wasn’t afraid anymore. Then i realized who he was. He was Uriel,ArchAngel Uriel. In all his greatness. He told me one thing more and that was he needed my help. After those final words he vanished but what did he need my help with.

Chapter 3

As soon as i regained my ability to understand what had happened i took out my journal and began to write. I wrote down the entire thing. When i had finished, I looked at the cross above my desk. For a while I just stared at it. I was tired so i thought I’d sleep on it. I’ll worry about it in the morning.
The next day I got straight to business and wrote down the rest of the story. I knew he was an ArchAngel, he wore a long black coat with black pants, I knew he was sent by God, and that God uses ArchAngels to do his work here on Earth. Then i went to do my research.
I went to my laptop and typed in his name. I wrote and wrote. There were things scribbled out and rewritten. I wrote ‘till my hand ached.I stepped back to see what i had made. Yes there was a mess on the floor and on my desk, but there was one thing i got out of this. Information, I needed to know more. For a moment i thought and realized I needed to not loose my sanity over this. No matter how bizarre it was. So i took a break, for a while.

Chapter 4

“ Uriel; ArchAngel. One out many Seven angels above other angels. God uses them for his work on Earth. Uriel is one of the archangels of post-Exilic Rabbinic tradition, and also of certain Christian traditions. In Christian apocryphal gospels Uriel plays a role, differing between sources, in the rescue of Jesus' cousin John the Baptist from the Massacre of the Innocents ordered by King Herod. He carries John and his mother Saint Elizabeth to join the Holy Family after their flight into Egypt. Uriel, in charge of the Orb of the Sun, serves as the eyes of God, but unwittingly steers Satan towards the newly created earth.”
The more I wrote the more I understood. With every word came a new answer, an answer to one of my millions of questions. So I continued;

“Uriel is known as the angel of wisdom. He shines the light of God’s truth into the darkness of confusion. People sometimes ask for Uriel’s help to seek God’s will before making decisions, come up with fresh creative ideas, learn new information, solve problems, resolve conflicts, let go of destructive emotions such as anxiety anxiety and anger that can prevent them from discerning wisdom, and recognize dangerous situations so they can try to avoid them. . A ?. A: (His Symbol).” 
I felt I had enough info for now. So I close my laptop and went to the living room.

Just the little i've written of this new book im writing. please comment if you like it t see if i should continue it.