The Door | Teen Ink

The Door

By CrystalDagger GOLD, Colorado Springs, Colorado
CrystalDagger GOLD, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Chapter 1: Journey Across

“DJ, are you sure we should be doing this?” she asked clearly frightened.
      “Bailey, you’re such a wimp, live a little!” he replied as he rolled his eyes. “Just find the stupid key!” They rummaged through Tessa’s things. Or at least her great grandmother’s things. It was her house after all.
    “I found it!!!” Jacob yelled out, shattering all of the antique windows and busting the dining china into a billion pieces. The old vintage room was shaking as his shriek had rumbled the house. They all ran towards him, knocking down the musty cardboard boxes and throwing old cotton sheets on the rugged floor.  They saw an open diary that seemed to be unfinished, with a hole cut out that was the size of a key. Inside of the hole was a turquoise key, embroidered on it were the words “Enter if you dare.” Bailey took a picture and ran the image through her encyclopedia app.
      “It doesn’t say anything about it, and this thing’s records go all the way back to the 10th century!!!” she grumbled frustrated.
      “Maybe it wasn’t kept in records, maybe it’s been kept secret, and my mother said that her grandmother used to keep a lot of secrets from her after her trip to Hawaii.” Tess said shyly.  They all walked towards the door where the whole search started. Each person had a knot in their stomach, curious about what lied ahead. DJ turned the key and opened the door. What happened next, nobody was prepared for.

I was inspired by my friends and the best of life. Mystery and magic are everwhere. You never know the ful secrets of your past.