The Day That Hell Froze Over | Teen Ink

The Day That Hell Froze Over MAG

It was below freezing point in the deepest regions of the underworld and none wasmore surprised than that infamous head demon himself.

The pools of fiery sulfurhad turned into yellowish ponds of ice. There were no sweaters, no sweat shirts,no parkas or ski jackets. There were no gloves, and no monogrammed mittens forthe little red creatures with evil grins and pointed tails. Not a single thing tokeep the little heathens protected from the bitter cold. The journey upward hadbegun. The little critters ran wildly around Santa's workshop pummeling elves andstealing warm winter clothing. They stole little boys' and girls' hats andmittens. It was a disgrace, an awful sight to see. The monsters took toy sledsand ice skates, and anything else that caught their evil eye. And when theyfinally returned home they could not wait to ice skate and sled and play with thevarious winter paraphernalia.

It was an awkward sight seeing little devilssailing across they once burning pools of sulfur, shooting sparks from theirskates when they came upon patches of brimstone. The little scoundrels sleddeddown stalagmites and slid across the frozen yellow and red seas of Hell. Theywere so preoccupied experiencing this new season that they did not notice thatthe temperature was rising. In a bright flash, the yellow ice was vaporized alongwith the playful little demons. Columns of fire rose to the ceilings ofstalactites thousands of feet above the chamber floor with their ascending crestsbursting and coming down in mushroom formations. And at the end of this commotiononly a few were left to rebuild. This Christmas would be a lot happier now thatHell had frozen over.

i love this !

Hathor1234 BRONZE, Redding, California

Fashion your life as a garland of beautiful deeds. Buddha

I like it. It's got a humorous tone to it. I can imagine all those little devils ice skating. :) Good job!