Being Young | Teen Ink

Being Young

By Toxic_Wasteland PLATINUM, Andowver, New Jersey
Toxic_Wasteland PLATINUM, Andowver, New Jersey

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life... It Goes On."~Robet Frost

I remeber when i was five and on during the weekends i had such fun, Saturday's were always enjoyable. I would wake up around 8:30 and get ready for dance class. Oh i remember dance, it was the best time of my life. Every year I would sign up for dance and i would dance my little heart out. my mom would smile when she saw me dance. I poured my little soul into it; I loved dance, i think the year i turned 5 and joined that was the year my dance class did a bumbble bee song, we dressed up in little outfits that made us look like bee's. Tjose were the wonderful Saturday's i enjoyed the most.

...

I recall being 7 or 8 and on sundays i would go over my friends house, we would play basketball and Halo, oh i remember halo, it was such a fun game; I never was any good but i loved it. I remember playing outside passing the football back and forth but i wasn't a boy, I was your average girl, but i dind't like barbies or the color pink; i believe i was a tomboy and i hung out with boys. i was pretty strong compared to the girls i knew. i loved sunday's the days i was free to be a tomboy.

...

i remeber the week days when i was 10 or 11 i had transfered to a new school by this time. i loved my new freinds. i was the same old girl, grungey and boyish. I was the quirky one out of all my friends, i made so many laugh. But when i was 10 or 11 school was different, these things called cliques started and i didn't understand why you could only be friends with poeple in your type of clique. i remember always talking to peopel outside of my clique i made many other friends. those were the days things all changed.

...

now looking back at the memories i see that things were better then, sweeter days and blissful days. The people were caring an dyou never had to really worry what poeple thought of you. As i grow being 14 now I wonder why i am still 5 at heart. I'm in the Peter Pan phase i guess, i don't want to grow up. Days got harder as i grew and memories sort of died. but all i know is that i love being who i am; i know i am a tomboy, and i have my faults that are the most perfect inperfections. I am the clutz, the wolf who howles to the wind, the dancer who lives in the sky, and the emotions that go in and out of the world. I am the living being of being young. i've grown to the age where i can be mature but most of the time i choose not to be. I remember being young and I remember being who i was then and who i am now. as far as i'm concerned i am... well.... me, yeah that's it i am me and i am young and childish and i am done with writting out my memories. i wanyt to relive alll of the memories instead of writing them. so as my key board clicks i come to an end, to the end where i will conclude my story. life is a mystery and you loose it in time but memories, oh memories, they last forever and they are better lived then shoved away.

i just was thinking and thoughts rushed to my mind and this is what i came up with.