The One | Teen Ink

The One

April 5, 2009
By Noelle Shuler BRONZE, Bronx, New York
Noelle Shuler BRONZE, Bronx, New York
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I can't remember Last time I got that real chance to talk to my mom about what's going on with me. I tell most of my life to journal or the school's counselour. I think the Journal listens to me more.
Kids always call me a freak because the way I look its nothing wrong with expressing my feelings, but using my outwear to do so.
I feel like everyone haves an opinion about me, but doesn't really give me a voice about it.

The First Day of school. I've finally save up 100 dollars from my summer job. I bought me some brand-new clothes and styled my hair different and stop wearing the black nail polish I've always used to wear. I choose a new-shiny clear. I stoped wearing black, heavy makeup. I walked into the school buliding for a whole bunch of stares and glares..I've never gotten before.
Some kids smiled at me, some threw things backed but I just walked ahead and didnt pay it any mind. As I walked into my first period class, My teacher smiled and said ''Welcome back'' She never took noticed off me but today she did. It feel great to be noticed.
After all my classes finished it was time for lunch, there was a popular girl named Brittany sitting around from me she yelled ''freak''
I told her I'm not a freak, I'm a person. I'm a bigger person. You may say I'm a freak but I know who i am and nothing you can say with break me down.
From that day on It told me, I can keep my head up from over-coming teasting, distured family, and even a new look.
Girls, Keep your head up no matter what comes along. You are You. Do you and don't let anybody take you down with them!


The author's comments:
This story was based on one of my friends, I knew what she was going through and it was like this. Nobody would notice her or treat her kind. but I did and I wish she could of held her head up high, before it was to late to do so.