High School Musical (5 year class reunion) | Teen Ink

High School Musical (5 year class reunion)

By MelDay BRONZE, New York City, New York
MelDay BRONZE, New York City, New York

"Wow, man," said the well-known boy in the afro and sarcastic t-shirt, "It's great to be back to East High. What Te-" his cheer was stopped by a familiar, but chubby, boy in a red #14 jersey that was ripped a bit at the seems because of his, well, growth. He was also holding a bag of puff corn in his hand.
"Troy!" Chad yelled, hugging Troy's gigantic stomach, "I'm so happy for you! Aw, I think he's kicking!"
Troy threw Chad's baseball cap to the floor, "Dude! I'm not pregnant!"
Chad scrambled to the floor and immeadiatly got back up in fear that this jumbo may sit on him. "Oh, sorry dude. Well then, how have you been?"
"Fat."
"Oh...I see. Well, it's still good to see you. How's basketball been at Berkely?"
Troy paused as he chewed his salty puffcorn, and with a full mouth, said, "Berkely doesn't support sports anymore, but on the bright side, I starred in Fat Albert last winter."
"Oh sweet! Who'd you play?"
"Fat Albert." There was an awkward pause. This is probably where the laughter would be if this were a sitcom. To break the pause, a girl with black hair, a black dress, a black hat, black tights, and black make-up walked up to them. The boys' jaws' dropped.
"Gabriella?!" they yelled simaultainiously.
"Yes, indeed." she said just above a whisper. Her cute-factor was gone, and apperantly replaced by something between creepy and complete outcast.
"H-h-how have you been?" Chad stuttered. Troy just stared while chomping down more puffcorn.
"Oh, busy. At Stanford, I went from class, to studying, to dark alley ways where the Dark eye-liner cult met, to dealing pot. It's pretty busy." The boys just stared for a few minutes. The only thing you could hear was Troy's snacks rattling around in the plastic brightly colored bag. Randomly, Gabriella walked away. They just assumed it was to meet up with some other alumni, but in reality, it was to deal more pot. After a while of catching up, another familiar girl came up, but with books in her hand. She didn't look any different; scarier or fatter. Just the same, and just as dumb.
"Hey, Sharpay!" Chad exclaimed, "Great to see you!"
She began to run in the other direction but she ran into Troy's flub and fell over. Chad picked her up.
"Uh, hey guys. H-how are you two?" she looked nervous.
"What's wrong?" Troy said with a mouthful of food.
"Oh, uh nothing." she said.
"Hey Sharpay," Chad said, "How come you don't have one of these handy dandy name tags like the rest of the alumni?"
"Um, alumni?" she asked.
"Yeah, the people who gratuated. We all got name tags in case we don't look the same as when we last saw each other."
"Well, uh actually...um"
"Spit it out."
Sharpay got all red-faced, "Um, I actually didn't graduate. I didn't get a real deploma, I just wrapped up one of my Teen Vogue magazines and put white paper around it..."
They were silent. Then they burst out laughing until Troy dropped his chip bag. He couldn't see the floor so he accidentally slipped on it. A man serving drinks tripped over him, and Chad slid on the drinks into the food table. It fell over, including the flambee' being made. So fire burst out all over the school. Luckilly everyone got out alive, but Troy never got his puffcorn back. THE END! -Mel Daysinger.

I did this with three of my friends (I played Gabriella) but I'm too embarrassed to post it on Facebook. Tell me what you think!

WeirdosUnite GOLD, Prairie Farm, Wisconsin

"Give me your hands if we be friends, and Robin shall restore amends"~Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream

I know!! I love Puffcorn. *Sniffs*

WOAH!! I loove the HSM movies, and this is awesomeness!!

FinnLeonardJarrettHudson BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
I just have no idea what to say about this. I think I just “scrambled to the floor and immediately got back up” by the fact that this is different than the movies, but it is still good in its own way. I think that everyone’s “ ‘jaws’ dropped” when they read this story because I know for a fact mine did.

itss.hallee BRONZE, Addis, Louisiana
High School Musical (5 year class reunion) was hilarious.I enjoyed reading it. High School Musical (5 year class reunion) reminded me of when I was young, High School Musical was my favorite movie. “Sharpay got all red-faced, "Um, I actually didn't graduate. I didn't get a real deploma, I just wrapped up one of my Teen Vogue magazines and put white paper around it…" That was so unexpected and funny . Thanks for writing this it really made me fall on the floor laughing.

5MatthewJM BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
I like this fan fiction because I remember watching High School Musical as a kid and this is a take on what would happen five years after the show. When it says, “Sharpay got all red-faced, "Um, I actually didn't graduate. I didn't get a real diploma, I just wrapped up one of my Teen Vogue magazines and put white paper around it..." I remembered how dumb she was.

2brownI BRONZE said...
2brownI BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
This is so hilarious. I love the high school musical movies, and this is so different than any of the high school musical movies. "Um, I actually didn't graduate. I didn't get a real deploma, I just wrapped up one of my Teen Vogue magazines and put white paper around it..." This was the funniest line ever because all sharpay ever cares about it the musicals.

Michaly.L.M. said...
Michaly.L.M., Gedera, Other

"Is man one of God's blunders? Or is God one of man's blunders?"
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Omg, that was WAY different than the original movies!
Except for Sharpay. It was kinda obvious XD It was really funny, I liked it :)

BabyPorcupine BRONZE, Dallas, Georgia

"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" -Doctor Seuss

Wow. Just... wow. (Poor puffcorn.)

AlexaMarban SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Oh gosh! This story is something else COMPLETELY! The whole time I was reading it I was just like what the hell is going on? I liked it though. It was definitely different.

jKs23 BRONZE said...
jKs23 BRONZE, Frazier Park, California

life only goes in ONE DIRECTION.

i luved it i used to love the high school musical movies it wus fuuuunnnnyyyy!!!

Miss_Vee_is_me, Virginia Beach, Virginia
oh my goodness that was funny!!! i almost died of laughter!!!

xprezzionstar BRONZE, Jeffersonville, Kentucky

All it takes it 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise you, something amazing will happen

oh. my. gawd. lol i laughed and laughed. never did like those moives. i truely love this tho hahaha

Aamna BRONZE said...
Aamna BRONZE, Burlington, Other

"Happiness come to those who wait"

This is really hilarious!! I loved it! amazing job. please comment on my work: Precarious Pursuit

HeyAmanda SILVER, Rancho Cucamonga, California
ha ha he would be dancing his butt off on broadway

TeardropsInApril, Alaska, California
LOVE THIS!!!!! Great writing, hilarious, well thought of! Please comment on my work too! Thanks!

kelliejo19 GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
hahahaha this is funnnnnnyyyyy!!! good job!!

MysteryHeart GOLD, Thorold, Other

Usted es especial! AKWARD!!! (in an opera like voice), ohhh fasha', what the huh?,who in the name of what?, sanity now!

WOW that was hilarious youe should lengthen it and make it a spoof like "vampires suck"

DyingToSurvive BRONZE, Pomona, California

I just swayzed that mother

i laughed pretty hard at this but. gabriell could not pull of goth to save her life. sharpay would have aid off all her teachers. troy fat, come on funny just eeww

oddballinthegroup GOLD, Wausau, Wisconsin

pinaple is my favorite vegitable

even tho i like hsm ur story is amazing u should do mor stories like this

mem15 said...
mem15, Dexter, Michigan
I thought this was funny, i hate hsm