Wolfgang Chapter 19 | Teen Ink

Wolfgang Chapter 19

By CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky
CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky

We're all mad here

“I’m dying.” I cried. “I’m going to die and be only seventeen.”

“You won’t die.”

I put my hand on the side of his cool cheek ignoring the looks of confusion that he gave me. I closed my eyes and wished to get better and not perish because of something that was passed down to me by my mother. I opened my eyes and removed my hand from his cheekbone.

“What were you doing?”

“Making a wish.”

He laughed to himself quietly but the musical chime filled the air quickly.

“You are unbelievable.”

“Since we are now officially in love does that mean I won’t get hurt? And that I will no longer be treated like a child.”

“Yes.”

“Can I ask you another question?”

“Anything.”

“What is the difference between covens and colonies of vampires?”

“How do I explain that? Hmmm let’s see…well my personal little family is the Pattinson coven. But very coven in California is the U.S California colony.”

“So let’s say you were meeting another vampire colony from…Nevada. You would say that you are Kai from the U.S California colony? If you were meeting someone from California though you would say that you are from the Pattinson coven?”

“You are a quick learner.”

“Well that tends to happen when you only have a few days to live.”

“How many times have I told you that you are going to make it through this alive?”

“Too many to count.”

Again Andrew came in and this time smiling.

“Claire it sppears some kind of miracle has happened. You got better and now allowed to go back home.”

He left and I smiled at Kai.

“The wish worked.”

“Claire that’s an old myth it doesn’t exsit. If I didn’t know better I probably would think that you believe everything I tell you.”

“I get to go home! I’m going to live!”

“I’ve been telling you that all along.”

“Let’s go we are wasting time!”

He just stared at me but eventually helped me up half carrying me but not enough to be noticeable. He did this at a not-so-normal speed. In the time it took me to blink he was putting me in the backseat and changing me into some better looking clothes.

“I can dress myself you know.”

“It’s a lot faster if I do so.”

He was already in the driver’s seat pulling out of the parking lot. We didn’t talk on the way to his home in the forest but when we got there Logan was already pulling me out the seat and hugging me. She pulled my ear close to her mouth to whisper something to me.

“I made you better I’m the reason that you are here righ tnow because I knew that your soul was sick. I used my ‘third sense’ to help you out. Now later we are going to the dog camp to go jump Hunter’s girlfriend.”

“Logan! What do you mean jump Hunter’s girlfriend.”

“I loved him you know.”

“You are about to get married so obviously that means you are over him.”

“We can talk about my wedding on the way there.”

“What about Kai?”

“Hunting.”

“Cynthia will hunt us down.”

“Only Kai knows the secret way into that dog camp. Sh ehas no clue how to get over the fence.”

“Fine.”

She pulled me back but kept one had on my shoulder, leading me into the irradiated house. I stepped back when Paige was sitting on the back of a chair with a guitar in her hand. It was a jet black color with her name colored in an elegant script of silver. She looked up at me with shock. Then she was gone. The guitar was still there but she had vanished. Teleporting. I looked around the room and she was up on the wall resembling an animal. Crouched down but with one hand in between her leg gripping the smooth wall. There was a growl from behind me and again she was gone. Kai was in front of me know motioning with his hand for us to go on. He flashed to the kitchen in a blurry movement while Logan simply pulled me to the couch and cupped her hand to my ear.

“We leave at dusk.”

“Logan.” I whined.

“You don’t have to fight but I am going to, I don’t care who sees me.”

Dusk came sooner than planned and she was pulling me to her car. Driving off at the normal speed limit but gaining spped the farther we went.

“About your wedding?” I wanted to change the subject.

“I told Pete that I don’t want to have a honeymoon since I hate being away from James.”

“What are you going to tell your in-law?”

“Well I don’ think I’m going to tell them until I get Kai to change Pete.”

“I don’t think Kai will do that.”

“Of course he will he loves watching people suffer.”

“He kind of changed in the past few days.”

“Well I’ll get James to do it. Whatever makes me happy makes him happy.”

“Then what are you going to tell the in-laws?”

“That I’m a demon and that I got my vampire guardian to turn my husband into a vampire.”

“They are going to throw you into a mental hospital.”

“Good point. Pete said that we don’t have tot ell them anything and that he’ll just run away since he’s been threatening to do that for three years now.”

“I guess that could work.”

By then we were at the invisible fence that separated vampire territory and werewolf territory. She threw me out of the car walking me into the small town that most likely stretched out farther than it seemed. We walked next to each other passing other people until we passed two girls who were my age or a year older. They stopped in front of us and I looked them over carefully. The girl in front of Logan was skinny enough to pass as anorexic. Dark brown eyes stared into me and went to Logan.

She had high cheek bones and wavy brown hair that went to her shoulders. She had and angular face and a long neck that made her more of a model than a werewolf. She flashed a rude smile at me and rolled her eyes at Logan. She had a pink and purple striped bikini on and had her hands on her hips. The girl next to her and in front of me must have been her complete opposite. Chubby cheeks and on the chubby side herself. Her hair was longer than the other girl’s and an unusual shade of chestnut. Her eyes were a nicer brown but she still seemed as malevolent as her friend.

“Get out of our way.” The skinny girl called out.

“I guess you don’t know who I am Jennifer.”

“Jennifer.” The other girl warned her.

“I know what I’m doing Kristen.”

“Get out of my way.” She yelled at Logan again.

“Look Jennifer, you better get your anorexic, martini drinking, pole dancing-”

“Logan!” I scolded.

She ignored me and went on. “You’re walking around here flashing your new bikini around like it’s some kind of trophie.”

“I’m going to go on a limb here and say that you are Hunter’s old girlfriend, Logan. Are you here to beg for him back?”

“I’m getting married.”

“Then what are you doing here?”

“Giving you a piece of my mind.”

“Sense when did you ever have a brain.”

Logan dogded at her and I grabbed her waist holding her back.

“Looks like the parasite girl has some anger management issues.” She commented to Kristen.

They both laughed and Logan broke out of my grasp putting her hands in a fist punching Jennifer straight in the face. She bled and I started laughing. Logan Changed just as Jennifer did. She was a mahogany color and I noticed that she was smaller than me. I changed but Logan was already fighting her and Kristen changed in front of me slashing at my face. She was larger than Jennifer but smaller than I was. She was the same chestnut as her hair and I instantly bite her neck slinging her into a fence nearby that didn’t budge though I threw her harshly. When he stood up the whole other side of her was drenched with blood. She ran at me but I slid to the side letting her slam into the large oak tree behind me.

I felt dizzy and my vision blurred making my movements incorrect allowing her to hit me more. I changed back and again-as three days before-I was drenched in blood and about to collaspe. Logan ran to me leaving Jennifer on the ground. Everyone changed back and ran to me but as soon as Kristen and Jennifer came close Logan was growling maliciously.

Couching up blood I curled into a ball and closed my eyes. Startled that this action caused pain. Opening them again my vison was red and Logan was backing away deliberately but kept one hand on my face. I lifted my hand slowly to wipe something gently from my iris. Examining the dark red that was on my finger.

“Logan,” My voice was quiet and frightened. “why is my eye bleeding?”

“I have no idea.”

“Am I dying?”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if you were.”

“I’m really scared now.”

“What should I do?”

“I don’t know?”

She dabbed at my lip and held it to her face.

“Your lip is bleeding.”

“ My body aches.”

“Your soul is bleeding.”

And on that note I fainted. Gaining conciousness in the hospital again. Kai and Logan were in the courner arguing , Kai seemed to be having the upper hand in the conversation.

“What are you doing?” I surprised myself with my feeble voice.

They were both already at the bed by the time I finished. Logan hugged me but released herself in the same second. Some hug. She kissed both of my cheeks quickly and sat on the metal railing that bordered the bed.

“I am so sorry for this, Claire, I should have known this would happen. My false magic always seems to backfire on you.”

“Oh really.” I mumbled.

Logan simply walked out of the room and Kai held my hand gently.

“I don’t think that you should go to the wedding just in case this happens again.”

“It won’t happen again I promise.”

“Still you are in no condition for a wedding.”

“Have you told Logan yet?”

“Yes.”

“She is very upset isn’t she.”

“Yes.”

“I should be able to come to my own sister’s wedding.”

“Claire, please listen to me and just stay at home.”

“When is her wedding?”

“Tomorrow.”

“When can I get out of this hospital?”

“Right now.”

“Take me home.”

He obeyed my command without saying naything but helping me walk to his car. We didn’t talk but the radio was playing softly in the background filling up my mind with ideas on how to escape to the wedding. I had to be cautious though since Kai can now read my mind and share my thoughts because of Will and James. Leave it to the professor and the scholar to mess your brain up forever. By now we were at the house and when I hit the door I ran straight to my room. I looked at the dress in my closet that I was going to wear. The same white as Logan’s but it her’s had a red rose on the right shoulder and mine had a pink rose on the left shoulder. She wanted us to be almost matching to show that we are best friends. I eventually fell asleep with tears filling my eyes and everyone was already gone.

Swearing to myself silently I got dressed in the outfit I was going to wear to the wedding. Barely being able to walk in the shoes I ran in them tripping occasionally. Finally in the car I drove as fast as Kai usually does paranois the whole time of getting pulled over by one of the cops. I got out running into the church. Logan was kissing Pete so the wedding must be over. I noticed all the tears dripping onto the floor. She turned her head to the door where I was and instantly dropped Pete’s hands and kicked her shoes off to run to me. Kai gave me the look of dissaproval but Logan was hugging me so tight I could barely see him past her hair.

“You shouldn’t cry on your wedding.” I accused, not bothering to use a whisper.

“I don’t care I was so sad that my sister wasn’t at my wedding.”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world but I overslept so I missed it.”

“Thank you so much.”

“Just because Kai said that I couldn’t come didn’t mean that I wouldn’t come you know me better than that.”

She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the area where the cake was and at the moment everyone was. We leaned up against the wall with a slice of cake in our hands and whip cream covering our faces.

“When are you going to get a pack?”

“I’m not going to get one.”

“But you have to it’s a part of th whole wolf thing.”

“I don’t think that the women lead the packs it’s more of a male thing.”

“Even in leading a pack of wolves the men always get the upper hand.”

“Yes.”

“Thank you so much for coming.”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” I repeated.

“I love you.”

“I know you do.”

In a matter of a week my life has gone downhill, uphill, downhill, and now way uphill. No way am I ever going that far downhill again.

I hope.

The End