The Trial of Gifts (1) | Teen Ink

The Trial of Gifts (1)

By Lorelei SILVER, Newport News, Virginia
Lorelei SILVER, Newport News, Virginia

"Nothing is ever easy"- Zeddicus Zul Zorander, copied by Richard Rahl

It was a normal day in the Cullen’s house. Fashion show for Renesmee, followed by some Rosalie/Jacob squabbling, then running/hunting/whatever! The squabbling was almost done when Edward stood up, holding out his hand for silence.

“Someone’s coming.” Bella picked up Nessie and moved closer to Edward.

“What do you mean, Edward? Is it one of the wolves?” Carlisle asked calmly.

“No. One of us, I think. It’s hard to tell. I can sense a presence, but I can’t hear anything. She’s coming towards the house from the meadow; I can tell that much. What I want to know is why Alice didn’t see this before.” Everyone turned to look at Alice. She looked very frustrated and confused.

“I don’t know, alright? Even now that you mentioned it, I can’t sense it.” Jasper moved behind her and started massaging her shoulders.

“Why don’t we go meet this… anomaly, together? That way, it’ll be harder to harm us, and if this isn’t a threat, better to seem open.” Carlisle spoke gently, but with great authority. Everyone exited the house, and under Edward’s direction, positioned themselves where the something would probably arrive.

After a few minutes, a large cat appeared in the distance. As it got closer, those who knew about cats identified it as a tiger. It was moving faster than tigers ought to be able to move, and quickly reached the semi-circle of vampires. Once it was about 50 feet away, it slowed and began to change shape. By the time it was 20 feet away, it was almost human/vampire-shaped. When it stopped, only 10 feet away from the Cullens, she even had clothes.

It was abundantly obvious that she was a vampire, but she wasn’t a normal one. Her eyes, her ears, and her recent display of power showed that. Her eyes were not only green, they were like a cat’s, with vertical pupils. Her ears were pointed, like an elf’s.

“Hello;” she said politely. Her voice was like a stream; a bubbling thread of sound. “I’ve come to warn you.” And she collapsed, not onto the ground, but into Edwards and Alice’s arms. They set her down gently and turned as one to face Carlisle. It was oddly reminiscent of when Alice had gotten the vision about the Volturi.

“She is no danger to us.” They spoke as one, too. Then Alice said on her own, “I can see her clear as day now. She’ll wake up in about ten minutes. I can’t tell what she’s talking about, though.” She was lying; Edward could hear in her thoughts. As everyone moved toward the house, Emmet carrying the girl, he cocked an eyebrow at her. She thought:
It’s too confusing; she needs to explain it. I can see an event set in stone, but I don’t understand it. Leave it, alright? He nodded almost imperceptibly as they entered the house.

This is my Twighlight fan fic. It's about the Volturi finally going insane. Hope you like it; COMMENT EVEN IF YOU DON'T, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

NKSunshine:) said...
I rly like ur twist on this!! I wish I could have thought of this....absolutely genius!!!