The Last Goodbye | Teen Ink

The Last Goodbye

November 25, 2012
By jacksowack SILVER, Ocean Grove, New Jersey
jacksowack SILVER, Ocean Grove, New Jersey
7 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Snape/ Lily (Author note: I do not ship them, but I like writing about them.)
Snape’s POV
Dear Lily,
I know that you’re married now and have a baby boy, but I wanted to tell you my true feelings. I know it’s out of the blue but I can’t stop thinking about you. I’m happy that you are living the life you have always wanted and I wish you and your family nothing but the best. Just, don’t forget about me, I’m still a shoulder to cry on. Even though we have had our differences, I still and will always love you.
The time flies by so fast, it feels like just yesterday we were having the time of our lives. I remember when I first told you about wizardry. You were so excited and I felt like I could finally be open to someone. Your comforting eyes always made me feel better. My parents were brutal and the kids at school made fun of me but you were the one who always stuck by my side. I wish I didn’t join the Death Eaters, but now that I’m in their circle I can try to find a way to protect you from harm.
I know you’re in danger so this is why I want to say that I love you. You are an amazing person and I will miss you. I will keep your boy safe, but it will be painful to look into his eyes and see you. I will see the person that I will love forever. I won’t get over you because there never will be someone like you.
Always,
Sev
I heard the terrible news.
Lily Potter is dead.
He tried to kill her son but it didn’t work. Thank goodness it didn’t work. My love is dead, forever. There is no way to bring her back. Why did it have to be her? I’ve never felt a greater darkness. The only person I have ever loved is gone. As I walk to her house I am crying but I haven’t even seen the worst of it.
I come up to her doorstep and barge in. I see Potter lye on the ground and in the nursery room is a crying baby. He has her eyes, just like everybody says. They are stunningly similar. He looks like his father to. I’ve always hated him and if he is anything like his father was; I’m in trouble. But I have to do everything I can for him, for Lily.
Lily’s lifeless body is on the floor. I am stunned and there is an uncontrollable ache in my chest from seeing her laying there. I think I’m about to pass out. I fall on the floor and crawl next to her. I take her body and told it to mine. I don’t want to let go…ever. I cry as she is still in my arms, but I know I have to go soon. If somebody comes and see’s I’m a Death Eater I will go to Azkaban for sure, I can’t be discovered and the only person that trust’s me anymore is Dumbledore. Before I slither out of the house I tuck to note I wrote for Lily over her heart and put her lifeless hand on it. I kiss her forehead and then forever leave her.


The author's comments:
This is a Snape/Lily piece that I wrote about a year ago. I do not like the ship Snily, but someone insisted I write a one shot about them so, here it is!