Wait, My Books Are WHAT?! (chapter two) | Teen Ink

Wait, My Books Are WHAT?! (chapter two)

By HelloSmilies BRONZE, Jones, Oklahoma
HelloSmilies BRONZE, Jones, Oklahoma

By me: "I am perfectly normal! I am perfectly normal for me!!"
"She's, well, she's the T.A.R.D.I.S.!" (DW) "MOOSE PASS GAS" (HoO)

Chapter Two

"What." Autumn stared at Annabeth. Eyes wide, mouth slightly open, a million-bajillion thoughts running through her head, and she just stood there. "You're kidding."

"Oh geez, a slow one!" Clarisse la Rue landed her pegasus. "I hate it when we get a slow one."

"Clarisse, behave." Annabeth snapped at her. She turned to Autumn. "So, you know our actual identities. You're smart. Possibly Athena. I certainly wouldn't mind having somebody as smart as you in my cabin."

"What about me?" Leo argued. "I could use some smart mechanics in Cabin Nine!" He looked Autumn over. "True, she looks like she doesn't have much muscle, but we can change that."

"Excuse me?" Autumn glared at Leo. "Doesn't have much muscle?" Alex chuckled.

"You've done it now. Be prepared to face the wrath of Autumn Rain." Leo looked at him like he was crazy.

"What?

"That was just plain rude. You should get to know the person and what his or her abilities are. I hope I am not in Cabin Nine or whatever cabin you said, cause then I'd be in the same cabin as you and I would rather be a child of Dionysus." Autumn yelled.

"And she doesn't like him, so that's pretty harsh. If I were you, Leo, I'd lay low for a while, just until she calms down and is willing to talk to you." Joey interrupted.

"Thanks for the advice bro. I'll try that." Leo sighed shakily. "That's one scary demigod. I'd guess she's a daughter of Hades, but he hasn't had any kids since Nico and Hazel, so possibly.... I'm not sure. Possibly Hephaestus or Athena?" He looked to Annabeth for reassurance.

"Good reasoning. It is possible, as children of Athena or Hephaestus do tend to scare others." Autumn walked back over to Piper (the horse, not the person), and climbed up.

"So," Autumn turned her head. "when are we leaving for Camp?"

"As soon as possible." Percy replied instantly. "You go pack and we'll leave when you're done."

"Um, hello. The rest of us have to pack too." Alex glared at Percy for forgetting. "Brendan, will drive us each to of our houses to get clothes and pack. Deal?"

"Deal. Come on guys, lets go pack." Brendan, Joey, Alex, and Joel climbed into the car and drove off.

"What kind of clothes do I need? Will it be chilly there and hot?" Autumn Motioned for the demigods to follow her as she put Piper back in her pen. "For example, will I need lots of shorts and a few pairs of jeans, or vice versa?"

"A good amount of everything. Shorts, pants, long sleeves and shot sleeves. Weather varies there, although probably less so than normal places." Annabeth recommended.

"Right, thanks for the advice. I'm going to pack, while you get to battle my mom and explain where I'm going." Autumn smiled apologetically at them. "Sorry."

"Why do I have to feeling this isn't going to be easy?" Trevor asked to nobody.

~ ~ ~ ~ A Half hour later

"Lets leave." Annabeth motioned for them to get on the pegasi and the chariot. "Take your pick."

"Annabeth," Piper held up her hand. "I think the newbies should ride in the chariot. At least, as many that will fit, cause we still need one camper in there. It can fit five."

"Good point." Annabeth nodded at Piper to thank her. "Brendan, Joey, Piper, Alex, and Joel. You'll ride in the chariot."

"So I'm on a pegasus. Shouldn't be to hard." Autumn smiled, effectively hiding the nervousness. However, Joey being her best friend, saw right through.

"Will you be okay?" Joey asked her quietly.

"Of course. And if not, Jason can rescue me with his super cool air powers." Autumn half-smiled.

"How could I forget." Joey walked over to Jason. "If Autumn falls off her pegasus, you make sure she doesn't hit the ground. You got that?"

"Of course." Jason smiled. "That's the whole reason I came, was to save any falling demigods."

"Leo, you'll be riding with Autumn, since it's her first riding on a pegasus." Autumn glared at Annabeth.

"What?!" Leo and Autumn exclaimed at the same time.

"You want me to ride with...." Autumn made a disgusted face and pointed to Leo. "Him?"

"Hey, I'm not that bad!" Leo protested.

"Yes you are."

"STOP." Annabeth shouted. "Calm down. It won't kill you to be on the same pegasus."

"I highly doubt that." Autumn muttered quiet enough so Annabeth couldn't hear.

"Guys, get onto said transport so we can leave. We've been out here for to long without any attacks." Percy looked at Autumn and Leo pointedly.

"Pushy pushy." Autumn muttered under her breath as she climbed up onto the pegasus.