To Resist Resisting the Resitance Chapter one | Teen Ink

To Resist Resisting the Resitance Chapter one

By Greek_Geek SILVER, Storm Lake, Iowa
Greek_Geek SILVER, Storm Lake, Iowa

"Do you hate trash cans? Is that it? Do you just hate trash cans?"
"I can't drive with you screaming in my ear!"
"You can't drive at all!"
- Jake and Marco, Megamorphs #1 The Andalite's Secret

It was night, the dark sky filled with twinkling stars, the only beauty the world had nowadays. It was so late into the night that it was the early hours in the morning Yet, even with the curfew, Buford van Stomm was sneaking around Danville. Normally, most people wouldn’t be caught dead past curfew, in fear of the horrible punishment that could be inflicted upon them. Buford didn’t care about the punishment that would be inflicted upon him if he was found outside at this late hour. The idea of what would happen if he didn’t, was much more horrible than any punishment that anyone could put on him.

Before the rise of Supreme Lord Doofenshmirtz, Buford had been a bully, But when Doofenshmirtz or Doof, as Buford called him, took over, Buford decided to put his brawn to good use. He joined the newly formed Resistance and helped them try to defeat Doof. (Key word; try)

After a few years in the Resistance, and a heated fight with Candace (the leader of the Resistance), Buford made the decision to resist the Resistance, and Doof. Though, that didn’t mean he didn’t know what the Resistance was up to nowadays.

He had gotten word that the Resistance had a mission planned that night. Basically they were sending someone into the main control for Doof’s duplex apartment in the sky, to shut down it’s defenses, so the other members of the Resistance could get in and do… something. Irving wasn’t very clear, probably was too frightened to speak comprehendly.

Though, despite the fact Irving couldn’t speak properly at the time, he did say who they were sending in to put down the defenses. (And distract the Norm-Bots.) Normally Buford wouldn’t care about their raids, he knew they were going to fail, but he couldn’t stay away with the threat of him getting hurt because of Candace’s stupidity.

So, knowing of the raid, Buford snuck out of his house at an absurd hour, and found his way by Doof’s home.

He hid behind a building, and peeked out at the large purple building that looked vaguely like Candace’s brother, Ferb’s, head. Buford squinted his eyes at the quiet building. Buford could see Gretchen, Holly, Katie and Adyson out of the corner of his eye, each  waiting for the chance to get into the building. Buford scoffed at them, and then jumped at the sounds of alarms blaring from the building.

“Okay people!’ Candace’s voice shouted over the alarms. “Let’s get in there, move, move, move!”

Resistance members of all ages instantly melted from the shadows and made their way into the building, in weird ways. Then, Buford caught sight of a dark figure darting away from the building. A small, scrawny figure, despite the fact Buford couldn’t see any facial features, he knew who the figure was. Baljeet. Almost as if they were trying to confer Buford’s idea on who it was, the Norm-Bots made themselves known, chasing after the figure, who was leading them away from the building, and was instead leading them to the forest. A smart move, everyone knew that Norm-Bots couldn’t maneuver their way through the forest well.

Buford sent one last look towards the purple building, before turning his back to it, instead favoring the idea of following the Norm-Bots and Baljeet into the forest.

~~~

To be truthful, it was hard for Buford to keep track of the chase, mostly due to the fact Norm-Bots are really fast, and Baljeet was running for his life.Despite that though, Buford managed to keep up, making sure to stay out of sight.

Once they had entered the woods, things got a little more interesting. Using the trees, Baljeet weaved through them, making it hard for the Norm-Bots to follow, especially when it got very thick. Since they couldn’t chase as well, the Norm-Bots instead fired at them, as they fought their way through the woods.

The shots worried Buford, causing him to clutch at the gun he had hanging from his waist, his fingers itching to shoot at the Norm-Bots.

Luckily, all of the shots missed Baljeet, and instead hit trees, rocks, and the ground. The only problem was, that the shots were getting closer. Finally, unable to take it anymore, Buford pulled out his gun, and aimed it at a robot just as it shot at Baljeet.

Buford’s shot went right through the robot, causing it to explode, taking a few more Norm-Bots with it. Buford smiled and glanced over towards Baljeet.

His smile instantly vanished.

Buford dropped his gun, and ran over to Baljeet, who was laying in a crumpled heap on the group, with a quick eye check Buford managed to figure out that, thankfully, Baljeet was alive. Though, looking at his leg, it was clear that he wasn’t going to be going anywhere soon.

The shot the Norm-Bot had fired, before Buford had destroyed it, managed to hit Baljeet in the knee, and since the beams were of high energy they could go through metal, or, in this case, all the way through a person’s knee.

Buford looked away, feeling sick at the sight of all the blood, and the fact he could see the forest floor through the hole the beam caused.

“Buford?”

With a start, Buford glanced back at Baljeet, who had managed to turn around, so that he was facing Buford.

“Uh...” Buford said, trying to figure out an intelligent thing to say. “Gitchee gitchee goo.”

“Gitchee gitchee goo?” Baljeet giggled. “We have not seen one another for a few years, and the first thing you say is that? Anyways, would you mind helping me up?”

“You do realize that you can’t stand, right?” Buford asked.

“It is just a little shot,” Baljeet told him, glancing down at  his leg.

“You’re leg is covered in blood.” Buford pointed out.

“Oh, that is not from the wound in my knee.” Baljeet said, looking down at his leg. “That is from the cut I got inside of Doofenshmirtz’ home. It is really deep,” he shrugged, as if a deep cut wasn’t that important.

“You’re an idiot.” Buford told Baljeet.

“Takes one to know one.”

“Nice to know you’re still a jerk.” Buford concluded glaring down at Baljeet, who, in return, grinned up cheekily. Buford sighed angrily, glancing away while cursing Baljeet in his mind for being so cute. He then simply reached down, and picked Baljeet off the ground, bridal style.

“Ma’ll know what to do.” Buford said, talking about his mother who had been a doctor before Doofenshmirtz took over.

“Okay,” Baljeet said, wrapping his arms around Buford’s thick neck. It was at that moment Baljeet seemed to realize who exhausted he was. He snuggled up against Buford’s chest, and closed his eyes, instantly falling asleep.

Buford smiled fondly at Baljeet, adjusting his arms so that they were both comfortable.

Get some sleep, Nerd.” Buford told him, “You’re gonna need it.”

This story is set in the Second Dimension from Phineas and Ferb.

Also, Bujeet.

The_DoctorDonna PLATINUM, Anytown, Iowa

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm Possible'"

So adorable and awesome! I totally love BuJeet! And well written except for a few minor grammar mistakes. Anyway, excellent job, keep writing!