Attack on Titan -The Start- | Teen Ink

Attack on Titan -The Start-

By Xenon_Tsukino BRONZE, Blairsville, Pennsylvania
Xenon_Tsukino BRONZE, Blairsville, Pennsylvania

'The greatest writers and artists are the ones who make, redo, and understand mistakes, those who can't stand or don't make mistakes, have no talent.' -Xenon_Tsukino

BOOM
I rolled in my bed not thinking it was important.
           BOOM
I heard a muffle noise calling my name which sounded a lot like my mother. "Xenon... Xenon get up NOW!" My eyes fluttered open and I saw my mother looking at mer with fear in her eyes. "Uh, whats going on?" I mumbled, all I wanted to do was just go back to sleep. My mother looked oveer her shoulder and out my window. I had a feeling on why she should be scared, we lived just outside of Wall Maria, we were vulnerable to the Titans, giant cannibal monsters that just come with no meaning. My mother took a shaky breath, "Just get down stairs, there is no time to talk."
           ----------------------------------------------------
Just as I got downstairs, I finished putting on my lucky charm, my grandfathers Military Police Badge. When I had gotten into the living room. My father was packing up three bags I had never seen before, "Otosan (father), w-whats going on?" He jumped at the sound of my voice. "Just going to the city, musuko (son), that is all." He laughed nervously and I could tell he was lying, he was terrible at it. When my mother came down stairs the stairs the thundering noise was closer
BOOM BOOM BOOM
My father handed me on of the bags and I slung it over my shoulder. "Are we all ready?" my mother asked, me and my father nodded, but I was still nervous, "Um, haha (mother), can you please tell me what is going on." The room was quiet except for the loud noise coming even closer, my parents look at each other as if in a silent conversation, and finally the tension broke, "Xenon, something that me and your mother have worried is now possibly happening." My heart stopped for a few seconds, "Y-you don't mean a-a t-t-titan do you?" They both nodded, "What ever you do," my mother took a shakey breath, "just don't look back."

--------------------------------------------------------
We were running as fast as we could, but it wasn't fast enough. I only looked back once and started to run faster. The titan was a 10m class. My father swore. He started to take off his pack and tossed it to me. "I'll hold it off for you." he shouted in the wind. "No! You'll be eaten!" my mother screamed. As he turned around I grabbed my mothers hand, not wanting to loose another person in my family. Once we ran another few yards, I heared a yell and a sickening crunch. We were just 25 yards away from the gates at Wall Maria. I felt my mothers hand slip away from mine, I turned to see the third bag at my feet and my mother running toward the monster. "Go Xenon! Once you get to the city walls and meet one of the Regiments, tell them who your grandfather is." I looked at her stunned, I knew she wanted me safe, but I just couldn't let her. "Go!" I hit reality and I saw that the titan was closer, I grabbed the pack and started running faster than what I ever ran before. When I was just 15 yards I heard my mom scream. I ducked behind a building, my eyes stinging with tears. Breathing heavily, I rummaged through the bags to see if anything would help. Then I found the gear. The swords, the pack to reload when a sword broke, and the Rittai Kido Sochi or Vertical Maneuvering Equpment. I strapped them to my belt and ran to the titan. The titan ran towards me with a bloody grin. I shot one of the grapples to a building just as the monster put out its hand. The next grapple shot to another building and I had a perfect shot. With one stonge and forceful swipe, I hit the titans nape and it went down with a large thud. Panting heavily I looked down at the titan. Knowing that there were still more out there, I told myself I'd kill them all, and not feel any regret. I looked up to see the gates open and people running towards me, wairing the same gear. I fell to my knees and blacked out, tired and broken for loosing my only family I had left....

I wrote this for my love of adventure, anime, and manga.

Thx man i tried the best I could

captainichigo BRONZE, Mancelona, Michigan

when you think of giving up think why you hold on so long- natsu of fairy tail
" there nothing fortunate about having your fate decade for you, you have to grab your own happiness" -Lucy hearttafulla of fairy tail

good job dude u got talnet