Ink to Reality | Teen Ink

Ink to Reality

February 29, 2016
By kosmokitty BRONZE, ..., Colorado
kosmokitty BRONZE, ..., Colorado
1 article 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm all fired up now! ;)


Ink to Reality 

It was a beautiful summer day, the birds singing to their hearts content, bees buzzing around flowers, and the sun shining lightly down on the world. Everyone was out and enjoying the weather in the amazing and bustling city of Crocus, the capital of the state of Fiore. Crocus is where the rich usually stayed since it was very a expensive town. Crocus was also the perfect hide out for a certain runaway princess of Fiore — Lucy Heartfillia.

 

The certain blonde was now walking down the gravel path in a park, humming to herself as she went while staring at the clouds. Her blonde hair swung behind her in a ponytail as she walked, while her brown eyes stared up at the sky while thinking about what she was going to write for her next book.

 

Passing trees and a lake, she looked at the large maple trees that towered over her. It was in the middle of fall, and she watched as the red leaves fell around her and on the path. Her usual attire consisted of a blue tank top with a short white skirt, and a brown belt at her hip with unusual golden keys attached and a whip for self defense.

 

Lucy let out a small yelp as she was suddenly on the ground, leaves floating up around her and a person towering above her. Lucy's blonde hair shone in the sun like spun gold, as her brown eyes glared defiantly up at the person who towered above her.

 

"Watch it!" she snarled angrily, her happiness from a moment ago vanishing.

She heard a chuckle and the boy rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, "Sorry 'bout that, but you need to pay more attention." His deep voice sent shivers up her spine as he held out his hand, a strange feeling emitting off of him.

 

She narrowed her eyes at him, and reluctantly accepted his offer to help before replying "Excuse me, but I'm not the one shoving people to the ground." She was quickly pulled up onto her feet as she stared at the boy who had so rudely shoved her down.

 

His bright green eyes peered down at her and his pink hair stuck out all over the place, which was surprisingly natural. He was a little taller and tanner than her, with a muscular build. His attire, which consisted of a black vest with orange streaks near the front, black jeans and sandals, confused her. Her gaze traveled to his scaly white scarf and the strangely familiar red mark on his shoulder which resembled a tattoo.

"I'm Lucy," the blonde held out her hand, which he shook quickly - his hands unnaturally warm which distinctly reminded her of fire.

"Nice to meet 'ya Luigi! I'm Natsu." He flashed her a grin, surprising her with his sharper canines. Snapping out of her daze she glared, "It's Lucy."
He grinned. "Well, I gotta get going. Nice meeting you Luigi!" He started to jog off.
"It's Lucy!"
"Bye, Luigi!"
"... Bye, Natsu."
He smirked over his shoulder at her, waving goodbye and vanishing around the corner.
Did she just see fire coming from his fist?


Lucy sighed to herself as she sat at the table with her laptop in front of her. "I swear I heard an explosion after he left," she mumbled while tapping her pencil. Lucy sat staring furiously at the screen, searching to find what that marking meant and who he was.

 

Lucy scrolled through the Internet, frustrated as she searched up the marking and Natsu. The blond's cheeks flushed at the memory of their short meeting.


After searching the internet for an hour, a site appeared in her search under the name of 'Mages Of Fiore' Lucy clicked on it. A Sign Up button appeared and apparently she needed an account. Sighing to herself, she willed her mouse to click the button. Lucy read the forms. 

First name:Layla


She used the name of her deceased mother, deciding against using her real name for any online website because of her current condition of being a runaway princess. This made it slightly harder for them to find her location.

 

Last name:Cor

 

She decided to use that for the translation of the word 'heart' in Latin.


Gender:Female


Wasn't that obvious?! Why did they require the gender anyways, after that the questions got weirder and weirder. 

Lucy scrolled through the site and clicked on an icon titled 'Guilds' before gasping out excitingly "That's the marking I saw on that boy!" She yelled to herself before clicking the Symbol which directed her to another website. Looking at the top right corner she signed into the website and requested to join the 'guild.' While she waited for them to accept her, she decided to click onto the small icon in the corner titled 'Magic abilities.'
Lucy scrolled through the list, "Iron Dragon Slayer magic? Solid Script magic?" She glanced curiously before reading the descriptions of each and every magic type. She highly doubted that her golden, zodiac keys had anything to do with 'magic.' Lucy jumped when a beeping noise was heard and she noticed her email icon jumping up and down in the corner, showing that she had a new message.

She clicked on it.

 

To: laylacor.magesoffiore.com

From: mirajanestrauss.fairytail.magesoffiore.com

 

Welcome Layla Cor!
It isn't often that we get new members so this is very exciting! Not many people use this site so I thought I'd greet you just in case nobody else did.

 

I will first point you in the direction of the survey that's located at the bottom of the website. I advise you to take this survey, if not - then your account will be disabled in twenty-four hours.
I apologize if this is an inconvenience to you.  

 

On the other hand,
I'm here to answer any questions you have, so please don't hesitate to send me an email!
And if you are willing, I'd be very curious to know the results of your survey.

~Mira

 

Huh.

 

Lucy c***ed her head at the strange email. Curiously she scrolled back to the website and did as she was told, clicking the link to the survey - cautiously.

She went through filling out the survey as she was told, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion at the strange questions: "What kind of magic do I use? Am I expecting to joining a guild?! What is this?!" She closed the survey and went back to her email, throwing the possibility of mages away.

 

To: mirajanestrauss . fairytail . magesoffiore . com

From: laylacor . magesoffiore . com

 

Hello Ms. Strauss.
You'll have to forgive me, I'm honestly very confused about the survey you sent me.
I'm merely an author and the information on this site piqued my interest while scrolling through the magic abilities articles. Is there any possible way that I can have access to the information here while not taking the survey? I noticed a lot of the information here required an account.

Thanks!

Layla Cor

 

Lucy shrunk her inbox page down before quickly going back onto the site and grabbed a piece of paper, before writing down as much information as possible from the site. Then turning to see her inbox pop up again.

 

To: laylacor . magesoffiore . com

From: mirajanestrauss . fairytail . magesoffiore . com

 

I thought I recognized your name! You're that famous author right?
I've heard a lot about you from my sister and a few members of our guild who enjoy your books.

About that survey.. I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to give you that information!

~ Mira.

 

Lucy grinned, she liked that people enjoyed her books and actually knew about her. Maybe she could get some information from this girl.

 

To: mirajanestrauss . fairytail . magesoffiore . com

From: laylacor . magesoffiore . com

 

Yes, I am the author you're thinking of i'm happy that people enjoy my writing and that I'm well know with your friends.


I'm sorry to hear that you're not allowed to give me access to that information do you think you could answer the questions in person? Or maybe send someone with the information?


I'm going to try and get as much access to the information on this site before my twenty-four hours are up.

Thank you!

Layla Cor

 

Lucy bit her lip while she quietly continued her way onto the site as she read another page and scribbled down some information. When she didn't get a response right away she wandered over to the kitchen and made herself a cup of steaming tea before sitting down in her chair again, noticing she had received an email in that short amount of time.


To: laylacor . magesoffiore . com

From: mirajanestrauss . fairytail . magesoffiore . com

 

Layla,
Here. Let's do this an easier way.

 

~ Mira

 

Lucy stared at the email before hearing a bing noise from her laptop as she downsized her inbox and went to the site, seeing a small chat box pop up on the side. She sighed in relief, agreeing with Mira's actions and setting formality aside...

 

Mira: Hello, Layla!

Lucy smiled to herself, enjoying Mira's company and her quick and happy replies. She liked Mira already and she hadn't even met her yet.

Layla: Hello, Mira :)

Resting her eyes from the annoyingly bright screen, Lucy looked at the information she wrote down. She grinned as she sipped her tea after she noticed Mira's reply.

Mira: About that question you have... Well it depends on where your location is and if you're able to meet with me or not. I am currently stationed in Magnolia, where I and a few others could be able to answer your questions.

 

Lucy frowned, "Magnolia..."

 

The quaint little village she had originally wanted to move to. But because of her current condition, she couldn't do that without being spotted and be taken back to her boring, depressing life. She sighed at the thought of going back to the way she once was, unhappy and unwanted.


Layla: Magnolia? That's quite far from Crocus. But I'm willing to take the journey there.

Mira: Oh my! Crocus? Well, that doesn't really surprise me too much, considering you are a famous author. Oh well, I'm free at any time! Where would you like to meet?

Layla: It doesn't really matter where we meet, as long as it has tea.

Mira: Well, I know of a small café nearby and it's not too far from the airport - maybe a couple minutes walk. We could meet there. What time and when?
Layla: That sounds perfect! Is there an email I can contact you by? So I can send the rest of the information later. :)

Mira: Yes, just contact me with the previous email we were chatting with. :)

After sending her thanks to Mira she clicked the site once more and continued writing down information. She opened a new tab and went to buy herself a plane ticket to Magnolia, scheduled for two days later. Hopefully that would give her and Mira some time to prepare. Smiling to herself proudly, Lucy downsized her Airplane Ticket and opened up the Guild website again.

She began to write.


The author's comments:

I will be writing more chapters! So if you enjoyed this please feel free to comment! If you have any suggestions or criticism, feel free to comment. I enjoy it!