The Romance Behind Locked Doors | Teen Ink

The Romance Behind Locked Doors

July 5, 2016
By lovebella123 BRONZE, Spokane, Washington
lovebella123 BRONZE, Spokane, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 9 comments

I sat down, and glanced around. I was at the table dressed up in blue, but that didn’t change the fact that I saw a boy at the green table when I had walked in. He was blonde, and pale, and I was absolutely, uncontrollably in love. I started to walk over, but my way was cut off by a boy with a round head. Like Go away you nerd, I'm way too good for you. But this was a new school, and I couldn’t say that. Also maybe he knew who the boy at the green table was. 
I took his hand, laid a kiss on it, and watched as he hit the floor. It was so easy to get rid of annoying boys when you are pretty. Then I stepped over his limp body and kept walking towards the green table, when a Durmstrang boy offered me his assistance. For the last time, I’m too pretty for a gross boy like you! But I’m nice, so I stood up strait, and thumped him hard on the forehead with my fingernail. He probably liked it I thought, knowing how dumb some people can be. One time a red haired boy actually looked at my hair! I was like “OMG DON’T LOOK AT MY HAIR!” but I didn’t say that of course.
I finally reached the green table, when a tall, dark haired boy stood up. I was all ready to flip out at him when I noticed he had been sitting with the blond boy, so I took his hand and kissed him on the cheek. Most of the boys in the entire room looked jealous. The blond boy did not. Instead he sneered, and helped the boy I had just kissed back into his seat. I batted my eyelashes, flipped my hair, and strode off to the blue dressed table. I must try more means to get to that boy.


The next time I saw the boy was when I put my name in the goblet of fire. I was with a bunch of friends who were all doing it too, and we were all giggling, and writing our names down, and then there he was. He was with two dumb looking oafs, but they just made his beauty stand out more. He was looking at me! I smiled, and threw my name in the goblet of fire, and strode off, dropping my phone number into his bag as I walked by.  He didn’t call, so I gave up for a while, but then my name got called to be in the triwizard tournament. I hadn’t even really wanted to be in the tournament, but all my friends were entering, so I did too. All I could think when Albus Dumbledore called my name was I need to win this, then I will be a champion, and the blond boy from the green table will have to date me! I could have whatever I wanted if I won.
It was dumb, but he was all I could think about in the coming months. I knew I had to think about the upcoming first task, but I couldn’t! I didn’t know what to do, and then, when I was walking one day to where I was staying, I saw him. He was alone, and sitting on a bench, apparently doing homework. I immediately pulled out my homework, and sat down next to him. He only glanced at me, but I was almost sure I saw him blush a little. I started to study, but then I got the courage to ask him. My cheeks got hot, and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Then I just cut to the chase. Why dither when we could already have a date set? So I opened my mouth and asked:
“Would you like to hang out sometime, maybe Saturday?” I said hurriedly. He didn’t say anything, then:
“Sure.” He said, and he strutted off, like a peacock, a hot peacock. He seemed to reconsider or something, because he turned around, and spoke. “By the way, my names Draco Malfoy” he admitted, “Pleased to meet you Miss Delacour” and with that, he walked away so fast that he was already out of sight before I noticed I was drooling.

to be continued


The author's comments:

Who agrees when they read "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"

That Draco Malfoy and Fleur Delacour are meant for eachother. contains spoilers! if you haven't finished reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.