Ruination: a starbound fan-fiction. | Teen Ink

Ruination: a starbound fan-fiction.

By TheDragonofUniverses BRONZE, Springville, Utah
TheDragonofUniverses BRONZE, Springville, Utah

When I saw the people who defeated that monster, I realized that our lives aren’t as pointless as they seem. I knew I wanted to something great from that point on. What I didn’t know is what exactly I would do. Then my dad tried to kill me.

Alisli was much better at running than her older brother. Give her a sea of rooftops, and she’d be jumping all over them. She actually was better that other floran at it, with her rose-colored hair flying behind her, she could jump the highest fence. Her brother wouldn’t believe her, so they’d race a lot through their village. They were in the middle of one of their races now. “No, no, no, you have to JUMP over those benches! Not run INTO them?” Alisli laughed. “You think I’m TRYING to break my ribs here?”  her brother, lakku, shouted back.
“Yup!” she could lakku sigh behind her. “Sometimes you're just too much…” 
“Well, sometimes I let you win.” “you let me win!?!” “just to make you feel better.” lakku fell silent. “Uhh… there's dad’s building! Let’s see who he’s talking to now!” Alisli’s father was actually the leader of their village, known by the floran race as “greenfingers” although he could be irrational sometimes, he seemed to be a good leader. Alisli and lakku quickly ran up the stairs of the treehouse mansion to the very top. She opened the door, saying “heya da-” she couldn’t believe her eyes at this point. Her dad turned to the door suddenly, he was obviously talking to two apex in important uniforms. “Greenfinger kall, is this your daughter?” one of them asked. “Yes… but you can deal with her… preferably involving fatal trauma to the head.” “dad! What are you-” two more apex in strong-looking white armor raised their weapons and opened fire. Alisli had no time to react, so she just closed her eyes and waited for pain to rip through her body.
The pain never came.
She opened her eyes, and saw the body of Lakku hit the ground, bleeding profusely from his stomach.
“Lakku! You idiot!”
“Rgh… never knew I would go this way…”
“We need to go!”
“It’s too late for me. Just go.”
“No! I can’t!
“Oh, yes you can.” lakku used the last bit of strength in his body to push her out the door and knock her down the stairs. When she hit the bottom, she quickly got up, ant ran as fast as she could for the abandoned ship in the mountains. She was almost there what she heard a whomp. She turned back, and saw a smoldering crater where her village was before. She stopped for a second and stared at it for a few seconds. Turning around, blinking tears out of her eyes, she walked to the mountains.

TO BE CONTINUED.