The Moon Landing | Teen Ink

The Moon Landing

By BoidN04 GOLD, Charlotte, North Carolina
BoidN04 GOLD, Charlotte, North Carolina

Hey video go hide in a presidio

“One big step for man, one giant leap for mankind!” I can’t believe it, we were on the goddamn moon and all of the world is watching us. This single moment right here, I have to embrace it. The first person on the moon and I feel empowered. Adrenaline rushes through every corner of my body as I think, are we going to find life, are we meeting the moon monsters we have always wondered about or is it just the lifeless sphere we always see from down below. What a revolutionary moment, I can’t believe we are finally here!  It is all so peaceful, working for years on this iconic moment and all it is is silence. You come to peace with all your sacrifice, and all your hard work. A moment that will inspire generations, letting them know the sky isn’t the limit. The first step of space exploration, wondering where we’ll go. Is the moon the limit, mars, other planets, the galaxy, the universe, or whatever is beyond that? How far will we go, how far will we leap? What is our limit? I have to play my part to the fullest. I have to be inspiring for everyone watching back home. This moment would be remembered for centuries and I needed to do my part.
We had made our nation proud. The stars and stripes are eternally on the moon for our great country. As I view America from exactly 384 thousand kilometers I think about home, especially my daughter. I think about all the inspired people. I think about the impact our landing has on people, the effect it has on the impossible. Who thought we would land on the moon successfully; nobody. Nobody did.  We defied all odds by all means and had made the impossible possible. We had landed on the moon, with ease. Nobody believed us, but here we are taking giant leaps for mankind. I start to tear up as the flag is waving. It reminds me of our nation and our greatness. My heart pounds heavily as I see the distant earth looking at me. I hope I hadn’t let the crew down, especially the director. Something moves below me. Scared of what I might find, I stop the rover to go look. As I observe it seems nothing was there, so we move on.  We had to go, our time on the moon was scarce as we lost the concept of time amazed by the surface of the moon. What an accomplishment, the first to ever do something so big. As we board the capsule to take us back to earth, I think about the grand scale of things and how we all fit in. I was meant to lead and show people the moon. I was built to guide humanity beyond the sky. The surface of the moon becomes more distant as we leave. Our part was done, the control of the mission was all up to the editing studio now.