Ventidue Anni | Teen Ink

Ventidue Anni

October 18, 2021
By Anonymous

In 1945 the Allied forces Won WW2, but ponder the question: what if that wasn't the case and the Axis powers won instead…. The day when the Axis powers took over the last stronghold in America. Everyone knew at that moment that freedom was no longer a thing. Little by little countries would fall to the great  “World Nazi Regime”,and soon the whole world too. 

The year was 1967 and the world was still under the rule of the Nazis, Although they were still in control there were a small group of rebels called the “Sons of Freedom”. The Sons of Freedom were formed to fight against the nazis and regain control of the world to go back to the way it was, and all it really was a bunch of rag tag volunteers who wanted change in the world. The leader of this group was a man named Giovanni Avarettso and his right hand man Ryan Moustakes. Gio was planning to infiltrate a military compound that contained many weapons and supplies that were needed for the survival of the Sons of Freedom. Once Gio, Moose and the sons went to infiltrate the base they soon found out it was a trap and both Gio and Moose were captured. The leader of the Nazis, Cedric Kepler, was there personally to greet them. Kepler was big and tall like a rhino, compared to Gio and Moose they were ants to him. Every time he stepped closer to the leaders the ground would scream with every step. 

Kepler asked “ So you two are the scum who have been screwing up my plans, have you nothing to say?” 

Both stayed quiet “ Alright if you insist” Kepler shoots Moose in the leg. He yelps and drops down to the floor and winces in pain.

“ Now will one of you please tell where all the Sons of stupidity bases and hideouts are.” Kepler shouts. Both stay quiet.

“Going Once…...Going Twice”  He shot 2 bullets this time into Moose’s other leg, Moose screams in agony as the blood starts to run away from his body. 

Gio tries to stand up but gets struck by the guard's butt of his gun, and he falls back onto the floor. Gio gets up and says

“ Fine, I'll tell you everything, just stop shooting him.”

   Kepler smirks “ Now was that so hard to do, all I had to do was shoot someone”

“ Get him to the med bay and fix him up, now you tell me everything.”

They take Moose to the med bay, and drag Gio to the Kepler's office. Kepler serves himself a glass of vodka. 

“ You know I got this Bottle from an old hideout of the Soviets. It's aged pretty well. Now tell me everything, tell me the hideouts, tell me where the supplies are, tell me what you arrogant rats are planning. 

“ You don't get it do you old man?” looking down to the floor Gio says

 “ We do this because we are sick of the way things are, how you treat everyone like degenerates that are worth nothing. Except those who are of the Arian race” he yells while standing up straight. “I was born with a Jewish mother and an Italian father. and have lived in this freedomless hell for 22 years. Why would I ever tell you anything that would stop our cause and end it for good.” 

“ Oh really, if that's what you want to do ?” Kepler says. He reaches for his intercom that is connected to the med bay and speaks “ Exterminate his partner ” there no response a few seconds go by and nothing 

“Hello, is anyone there? Is this stupid machine not working again!”

Over the intercom Moose says “ Well someones dead in here, but it's just not me sir but I'll be sure to give the message to the rest of the people heading our way, Alright well I’ll leave you to it Gio.” the intercom goes into static .

“ It seems your luck has run out Cedric” Kepler looks back and Gio has a gun and pointed at him Kepler. “ Too bad you won't be able to see your Great Nazi Regime come to a fall” Gio grins. 

“ You really got me, kid never thought it would end this way. Flip that hourglass right behind you” points at it. “ How about this? I'll tell you everything I know within the time of the hourglass but after that I don't speak and you can shoot me if you desire. Deal?”  holds out his hand for Gio to shake. They shake hands, and Gio flips the hourglass and says “Go”

“The password on my computer is in the top of my drawer and contains plans for the next 10 years which will help your team of misfits.” The hourglass is almost half empty. “ In there you will also find out where every undercover agent we have and all of our VIPS who without them we would fall” The hourglass is finished. 

“I guess my time is up, isn't it? Also one last thing. The sand in there isn't sand, it's ashes from the concentration camps. Just thought you should know, since you're a filthy f-.” Without any hesitation, Gio unloads the whole clip of bullets into Kepler. He was actually satisfied. Gio drops the gun and walks over to the computer and does what Kepler said to do….

What he found amazed him, everything he said there was, was there.

“ He wasn't lying.” grabs walkie talkie and say to Moose 

“ We got it, it's right here right in front of me everything we need to win this war, we got it baby.” Gio pulls out a flash drive and connects to the computer and transfers all the information from the computer to the drive. Once that is done he

gets the gun from the floor and leaves the room. Gio grabs his walkie talkie and speaks into 

“ Alright how are things going Moose?” 

 “Captain the whole base is cleared out from those krauts it's ours sir” Moose says

             “ That's great, now let's get out of here and win this war”.

Gio gets to the courtyard and enters the chopper and fly away with a well needed victory for the Sons of liberty


The author's comments:

I Wrote about this because i've always been fasinated by History and one of my personal favorites is WW2, so in this piece I pursued the question of what if the Axis powers. I got lots of inspiration from the Crisis on Earth X and the video game of Wolfstein which both answer the quetion.