The Dogs that saved many lives | Teen Ink

The Dogs that saved many lives

November 15, 2022
By mcauley BRONZE, Cobbtown, Georgia
mcauley BRONZE, Cobbtown, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was just another normal day on the 34th floor of the north world trade center tower. I was just working, sipping my coffee and going on with my day. About 10 minutes after I arrived, I looked out the window over the vast New York sky. I quickly noticed something unusual. A plane was flying low heading for New York. Immediately I realized that the plane wasn't just flying over New York, it was headed straight for the world trade center. I immediately grabbed my dog Mikey, and he led me down the stairs. As the above floors were in flames Mikey and I started to lead others to safety. Mikey led me to a woman who was unable to breath and walk because of the debris coming from the above floors. Mikey led the woman and I to safety. On that day Mikey helped save many lives.

 

What I have just described to you is not my real experience, but may have been true for others.

 

            Many people disregard dogs as veterans. Dogs were important to many people on that day, many earned their purple heart that day and were recognized as a 9/11/01 hero and a veteran. This shows that without these dogs many people would have lost their lives. These dogs may not have fought in a war, but they did. Many lives were saved because of the servitude of these dogs alongside their owner.

 

            Many of these dogs and their owners were interviewed by every news channel you could think of. A few years had passed. The U.S had figured out who had figured out who initiated the attacks on the twin towers on 9/11/01. Many of these dogs and owners were excited that they finally had closure on what they were fighting against. A few years later it was announced that Osama bin Laden was eliminated.

 

Many people disregard 9/11 heroes as veterans. Just as these dogs did their owners also earned their purple heart that day and was registered as a veteran. Without veterans or military personel the U.S.A. wouldn't be the land of the free and the home of the brave. We take all of our freedoms for granted, without veterans we wouldn't have these freedoms. Our world wouldn't be the same without veterans.