Euros and psyche | Teen Ink

Euros and psyche

By Camille1234 PLATINUM, Corbett, Oregon
Camille1234 PLATINUM, Corbett, Oregon

Aphrodite stared down at the child from her throne on high. She watched the girl when she was just a wee-babe and watched her grow into a beautiful young lady. She was the most beautiful of all the mortales and already they are starting to tell stories of her beauty. People were starting to say that she was more beautiful than Aphrodite herself, who is the Goddess of beauty. She stared down at eh girl JEalous, angry and seeking revenge. Aphrodite called for Euros, her son, god of love and asked him to pierce Psyche with an arrow of love so that she would fall in love with the first living creature she would see, Aphrodite was going to make sure it was an ugly little thing.

Euros went down to the girl and he saw her laying down fast asleep, her beauty lighting up the room. Euros was so stricken with her beauty that the arrow he held in his hand pierced his skin. He fell in love with the beauty and did not shoot her with and arrow of love. He came back every night and watched her as she slept. Her soft hair splayed out along her pillow, her long lashes brushing her cheeks. Sprinkles of freckles along her nose, smooth pale features. He longed to look into her eyes and see the color and the truth they held. He longed to hear her sweet voice. Euros pierced himself before and fell for other woman but he never felt love like this before. The love went deeper then the arrow, this was true love. This is love that Euros had created but never had the joy of feeling. Out of love he woke the girl and stared into her light green eyes that stared back at him.

“W-w-ho are you?” She stuttered

“I am a friend.” Euros replied as he kissed her out of love not realizing what he was doing. Surprisingly she kissed him back. Euros visited every night from then on forth. He married the beauty who shared the same love for him. One thing he did not do was show her his face, fearing she would doubt their love believing it was not real, but fake. For that reason he only came to her deep into the night when her mortal sight failed her. Psyche grew wary of not being able to see her husbands face and pesters him about it every night, yet Euros did not give in. Pyshce wanting to see something she wasnt allowed to see light a candle and did the one thing she could not, looked upon her husbands face. The face that stared back up at her was the face of Euros. Euros sensing the light jolted awake and sat up staring at his love in horror and fright of what she would think, or do. She gripped the sides of his face and kissed him lovingly.

“My beautiful, beautiful god. My husband.” She whispered full with love and joy.

Aphrodite also being the goddess of love sensed this strong surge of love and when she saw who was producing it, she flared with heat. Seeing the one that loved her son made her angered her more. As she watched them she saw that their love was true and pure. Being the goddess of love and beauty she gifted Psyche with the gift of immortality so that she could be with the one she loves.

This is based on one of my favorite Greek myths