UNIT 7.3.1. | Teen Ink

UNIT 7.3.1.

June 14, 2014
By ChasityTaylor SILVER, Denham Springs, Louisiana
ChasityTaylor SILVER, Denham Springs, Louisiana
7 articles 0 photos 34 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In terms of noodles, all bets on Trump."- my very strange friends


Seven days are gone, as well as hundreds of Chicness. I was a Japanese scientist at Unit 7.3.1. I was in charge of cleaning the “log” before the live dissection. I watch a man use a stethoscope listening to the heart, and a man with a knife was waiting, and as soon as the stethoscope was lifted the man started cutting. I watched many “loges” die on the surgical table. I heard the shrieks of pain as they were dissected without any anesthetics. I went to bed at night being tortured by those shrieks. All I could think of was that ‘this is for the Emperor’ and I was loyal to the Emperor, so I did his work no questions asked. I did not like what I did, but after a while you become desensitized.

I thought that the shrieks would haunt me forever, but after two years it became natural. I lived with a guiltless conscience. The man I was three years ago, was as dead as many of the “loges” throne in to the fire. I had no feeling now. Or I didn't until that one “log” that came in. She was the prettiest “log” I'd ever seen. She had raven black hear, and chocolate colored eyes. As I prepared her for the dissection, she was pleading for her life. Her voice was the sweetest thing I'd ever heard. For I moment I thought of letting her go, but I didn't. Then the surgeon comes to collect her, and I just let him. I stood in the room like I always did, and watched. I don't know why I did, but I did. Then I watch the knife go into her perfect chest. The scream that came out of her was mortifying. How could they do this to her. How could they do this to such a beautiful creature. How could I have done this to her. I could have saved her. Said she was ill, then they wouldn't have cut her open. I could have saved her, but I didn't. And now there's nothing I could do about it. All I could do was watch as she took her last breath.

After that day I started questioning what I was doing. There was this little voice in my head, and it kept telling me that this isn’t right, that I shouldn’t be doing this. I was getting tired of this feeling. Always making me second-guess myself. Anything was better that the agonies I was facing now. Death was better than this. And it was what I deserved.





One day I got the chance I wanted. I was observing the plague outbreak in one of the villages. I saw the pain of its victims. That was the last time I would see this kind of pain. For that was the day it ended for me. I took off the protected suet I was wearing and went up to one of the infected people and touched them infecting myself. This pain felt better than the pain I had endured for the past few days. I lay in the field feeling death close upon me. Oh how I longed for it. Death was better than this life I was living. I suffered like this for almost a week.

And then the world went black.


The author's comments:
When I say "log" or "loges" I'm refering to the people uses in these expements. the Japanese scientest that worked here awften referded to these people as loges because to them you they were pices of wood that you could carve up and throw in to the fire.