The Birth of a Poet | Teen Ink

The Birth of a Poet

By Thector1028 GOLD, Saint Cloud, Florida
Thector1028 GOLD, Saint Cloud, Florida

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." -Friedrich Nietzsche

When the leaves of autumn turned gold and crisp, a quiet baby was born into a boisterous world. This small clump of curiosity gazed brown beady eyes complacently at the ceiling, bright and white. A large calloused hand gently swept beneath the infant and tucked the small being into the fold of his arm held tight against his burly chest. With one hand, the man carefully cradled his child, and with the other wagged a playful finger on the child's soft rounded belly. It slipped out a gurgle of happiness and reached out for a finger to grasp. After a few moments of straining, the infant finally locked its tiny plump fingers around the first real thing it will ever know, whole and unwavering joy(a feeling known for fleeing the souls of old foolish men). The doctor smiled at the father freshly baptized in glee and in one swift motion drew back the thick curtains designed to dam the morning light. Early morning sunshine flooded the room with warmth.