Perfect | Teen Ink

Perfect

By JuneJule BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
JuneJule BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

She stared at herself in the mirror, perfect skin, perfect blonde, silky hair. She wasn't her father. She wasn't her mother. Who was she? The long blue dress complimented her pale blue eyes as it rolled over her thin waist to the floor. With her pearly white teeth, thin waist, and tiny nose, she looked like a model. 
"Kani! Come down and get ready for school!" Her mother's voice was smooth, molasses, sliding into her ears, into every crevasse of her brain. Kani plucked the Get Well Soon card from her desk. She pulled her black and silver satchel over her arm before sprinting up the steps, nearly trampling her mother. 
"Where is your bun young lady?" Kani shrugged, racing past her mother to get to the door. 
"Kani! Wait!" Her mother yelled after her, but Kani didn't stop. Her mother caught her arm and pulled her back. 
"Buns make me look weird." Kani protested. 
"You are a young lady, now pull your hair up before I do it myself!" Kani obeyed. The tight bun pulled at her scalp, holding Kani's long hair in a tight sphere, threatening to topple. Her mother gave one last good-bye kiss on the cheek before sending her on her way. Kani stumbled out the door and waited at the street for the bus. Ten minutes later, the bus still wasn't there... 
Her watch read 9:20, the bus was late. Again. Kani's mouth tightened into a low frown, her hand rubbing up and down her other arm, foot tapping the hard concrete. She waited impatiently as the bright yellow bus came tumbling down the hill, stopping just in time before it rammed into the white-washed picket fence. Kani was the only one on the bus, and the bus driver explained that he had dropped everyone else off first so they wouldn't be late. Kani sat down in the back and watched the tiny cabin-like houses transform into mansions, with columns, and animal shaped hedges. Kani went to a private school, most of the kids there had a lot more money than her family.
"Hey. Hey!" The bus driver yelled, bringing her out of her daydream. 
"Sorry, what?" Kani demanded, holding onto the seat as the bus lurched to a stop. 
"Get off!!!" 

I've been working a lot on third person and trying to incorporate more of the characters thoughts. I think I'm improving, but I need to work on emotion and such.

doglover2019 BRONZE, Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
It's good, it's just I'm not really sure what happened at the end, it ended very abruptly.