Filters | Teen Ink

Filters

June 19, 2019
By Slokyl7 BRONZE, Guangzhou, Other
Slokyl7 BRONZE, Guangzhou, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Another rosy picture.

Amanda sat on the other side of the circular marble table, with a white lace dress and a pair of matching kitten heels. Accompanied by several plates of delicious cakes, she closed her eyes, showing that she was going to enjoy the cup of steaming coffee on her hands. The delicate makeup on her face seemed to be more stunning in the soft pink filter she elaborately edited.

“Click.” She put away the smile, removed the phone out of the tripod standing opposite to her, ensured that every detail in the picture was perfect once and again, and finally posted the picture with butterflies in her stomach.

Amanda had gained some reputation on social media for posting adorable pictures. Each photo constructed her life as an aesthetician: traveling throughout the year, tasting global cuisine, and sharing the moments of being an impeccable goddess. The iconic colorful filters and the bright grin distinguished her posts from thousands of other similar photos. As soon as she updated her social media account, comments and “likes” filled up the whole page; she liked the feeling of being the moon surrounded by the myriads of stars in a polychrome world.

Looking at the increasing number of “likes” under her latest photo, Amanda took a sip of coffee and put down the cup with a satisfied smile. After quickly packing the tripod and fixing her makeup, she rose from her seat. In the cheerful chatting and laughing, nobody noticed the departure of another loner. Cakes and the cup of coffee remained almost intact on the table, except for the light lipstick smudge on the edge of the cup indicating the presence of a lady moments ago.

While strolled along the sidewalk, Amanda contemplated her next destination for photo-shooting. The sun shone on her, reflecting an illusory rosy radiance.


The author's comments:

Hello everyone, this is my first time writing fictional stories. It is inspired by the Internet celebrity phenomenon nowadays. I hope you like it, and please leave your comments if there are any because they will be very valuable for me to keep improving my writing skills! Thanks.