Where do stars vanish? | Teen Ink

Where do stars vanish?

June 28, 2019
By lavannnyaa PLATINUM, Agra, Other
lavannnyaa PLATINUM, Agra, Other
49 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
All we need to do is find someone who tells us that we're worth fighting for.


Our eyes reflecting the glaze of the night sky, and hands locked together, filling the emptiness between our fingers, making an unspoken promise to stay like this forever. Our feet, bare, spilling a secret on the cold sand. A silent conversation takes place between the eyes, the feet and the sky. The waves hit our feet demanding to be a part of this conversation. A shooting star passes. Maya loves them.
.
"Do these shooting stars also ever wish that someone wishes for them too, that they don't die in order to fulfill other's wishes?" Maya asks, finally breaking the silence.
.
"They are taught to love Maya. Whenever someone makes a wish, these shooting stars burn and bequeath their shine to them in the form of hope. Then they die beacuse no one loves darkness ."
.
"Who teaches them to love so intensely Vivaan?"
.
"Maybe, lovers like us Maya."
.
"Maybe, they do not die Vivaan." she says with a smile that forms a glinting dimple on her left cheek, forming a star in itself.
.
"Then, where do they disappear after leaving a trail of light?" I ask.
.
"They live and shine. They always remain there."
.
"Where?"
.
"In conversations. Like these. Always." she says.

The waves once again hit our feet, now familiar with the starry secrets.