What Does Love Look Like (Trigger Warning) | Teen Ink

What Does Love Look Like (Trigger Warning)

By lavannnyaa PLATINUM, Agra, Other
lavannnyaa PLATINUM, Agra, Other

All we need to do is find someone who tells us that we're worth fighting for.

1. When they make tea for you waking up early in the morning, though their eyes are worn out because of everyday fights and the scars you gift them along with it. Also, they never forget to add those 2 extra spoons of sugar and a tinge of ginger just the way you like it.

2. When they wait for you to come back home with their eyes worn out but hopes too high. But maybe, they have forgotten that you will only love them by saying words which will hit them like a sword piercing thier heart, the same way noise cuts silence.

3. When they feel like an accomplishment when you praise them. Maybe they have forgotten that you are not the first drop of rain touching the droughty land, but just a wine bottle which is meant for intoxicating people.

4. When they still try to keep the sunflowers of this love alive by watering them everyday. Maybe they have forgotten that it's winter and the weeds have already grown in the garden.

5. When they want to run back to the place from where they came but they are so used to your darkness that they are now afraid of leaving it. So, they take candles in both their hands and again start consuming them to light you up. Maybe they have forgotten that you have become so dark that even your shadows have left you. But they are still here, burning them slowly and silently, though this silence echoes so loudly that it feels like a thunderlight that rips them apart.

6. When they just want to free themselves from this blackhole, and take one of the blades out from the bed drawer for the 100th time and think of slitting their wrist. But they STOP. They stop because your thought scares them. They fear that their would still be someone who would shed tears for them after they will be gone, and they cannot see your eyes getting wet.

But maybe they are wrong. It is not you who loves them but they who love you and live for you, though it makes them feel dead now. 
After all, nobody can come back from a coffin after getting buried in it. But for the very first time, somebody's coffin is responsible for their death.

You are the coffin and they are slowly becoming a carcass.

TRIGGER WARNING - Self-harm, Suicide