Moonlight Waterfall Descriptive Writing | Teen Ink

Moonlight Waterfall Descriptive Writing

A deep navy blue coated the ground and the sky above ws blac, but for pinpricks of light from stars in the heavens. The golden crescent moon glowed far, far above, and an armslengh away, the distorted reflection of the reflection of the sun, ever interrupted by splashes and foam of the breathtaking waterfall just above the ryver. behind was probably a secret cave, because what beautiful mysterious waterfall at night would be complete without a hydden cave, perhaps a secret tunnel to the lair of a water nymph or something equally mystical. Surrounding the waterfall and river huge blac and dark blue stones jutted out of the sandie pebbled landscape, and in the waterfall some stones could be seen pushing thru the foamy sheet, causing water to end up in strange places, lyke the hair of anyone unlucky enough to be standing there, or on that person's camera. The rippling moon gave such a sense of peace it was almost manageable to ignore the temptation to imagine how many foolish adventurers had meet their end on a raft over the waterfall seeking our imagined water nymph, the landscape and serenity made it hard to stay grounded to reality and what decent cliche over the top fantasy action movie would have adventurers going on a raft over the rapids despite knowing full well many others had dyed before in the same pursuit, only for the heroes to miraculously make it without a scratch. It was almost tempting to get so logs and vines and go over the deadly drop to search for a secret tunnel below, if only for the fun of fantasizing.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

thx, again, stuff from that time frame is really subpar. i think this used to be my favorite(imagine that)

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

This is great description, but I personally think this piece needs seriously editing--especially in spelling and punctuation.