Light in the darkness | Teen Ink

Light in the darkness

By SilasisKing BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
SilasisKing BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina

Jane looks around, she feels a sudden shiver of loneliness explode up her spine, its cold, soggy, and dark. She snaps back to herself and realizes that she doesn't know where she is, she begins to panic and starts running off into the blackness of the night. She keeps running and running but to where she does not know, she feels as if she's running in a continuous loop that just keeps repeating the same lonely darkness. All of the sudden she sees a bright light hauling fast towards her out of the sky, this light was something beyond her existential being, she could sense the warmth and brightness that consumed her as it approached her. In a swift motion, she woke up and gently whispered "I want a baby", "wha-" her still half asleep boyfriend Brad slobbered. "I want a baby!" Jane with a sudden fuel of confidence exclaimed. "Ok, ok, ok, calm down we have to talk about this" Brad now awake quivered. "Nope, this is the first thing I've ever felt this sure about, either you are having a baby with me or I will find someone who will." Brad was nervous, he had never known Jane to speak so proudly and confidently "are your sur-" "yes!" she screamed with no question in her voice. "Ok, I think I'm ready too" Brad, starting to crawl towards jane said"

Jane has a crazy out of body experience that leads to her having a sudden realization.