The cool days of fall | Teen Ink

The cool days of fall

By ArrowheadRocks25 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
ArrowheadRocks25 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin

I live in Rhinelander, Wisconsin. The day was a sunny and cold day out. It was the middle of October. It was 2023, School had just gotten out for the day and the only thing I wanted to do was go to the lake. 

To get to the lake you had to go through the woods to get there. So I started walking into the woods trying to get to the lake. When I got into the woods, I looked around for a few minutes. It was nice seeing the leaves change color and the air getting cooler. I heard the birds chirping and saw squirrels climbing trees. When I walked I heard the crunching of my feet touching the leaves. The walk wasn’t very long, only about five minutes but it was worth it. When I got to the lake it was beautiful. The lake was called boom lake. 

There wasn’t a boat in sight, it was just me and the water. When I looked into the water, I saw my reflection. I picked up a rock nearby and threw it into the lake. The rock started to skip across the water. I counted three skips. I was fascinated and I picked up another rock and threw it into the lake. This time the rock skipped four times. I continued to skip rocks for a few more minutes until I got to about ten skips. I have had enough rock skipping for the day so I decided to go home. 

It was almost dark now and the woods weren't as beautiful as it was during the day. When I got home I got into my bed and tried to fall asleep. The only thing I could think of was my day. So in my bed I decided that tomorrow after school I will go back to the lake and skip rocks again.