Poolside Encounter | Teen Ink

Poolside Encounter

December 4, 2023
By caleighweintraub BRONZE, Hartsdale, New York
caleighweintraub BRONZE, Hartsdale, New York
4 articles 5 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the positive impact on the lives of others"
- Roy T. Bennett


We sat on the floss pool chairs, staring at the organized chaos around us. The scent of chlorine evaporated from the pool, which was as still as glass, and floated right to our noses. He walked over to the chairs and sat down next to me. His golden hair was fluffy and strung together perfectly. I noticed how his hair cascaded from his scalp, as his mane became illuminated from the camera flashes behind him. I didn't care people were taking photos of us. I was lost in the crystal blue depths of his eyes. My friends eventually rose from their seats, leaving us alone. They left dents in the lounge chairs along with a trail of their sweet-smelling perfume. 

"Hey" he said.

He then sparked a conversation about his dog, or something else I can't seem to remember now. I'm not really sure, that night is still kind of a blur.

As our voices intertwined, we fell deeper into conversation. As I reflect on this memory, I realize that any previous feelings of embarrassment must have left when my friends did.