What I need? | Teen Ink

What I need?

By NeverSayNever GOLD, Lumby, Other
NeverSayNever GOLD, Lumby, Other

“I’m Drake,”

“So?” I raise an eyebrow at the tall brown eyed boy standing over me.

“So, I just thought-well you know,” I smile to myself as he twitches nervously.

“No, I don’t know.” I turn on my heels and head down the long hallway. But it isn’t long before the ‘Drake’ boy catches up to me. “What?” I ask, already getting bored of him.

“I was wondering…” He paused, annoying me more.

“Well? Spit it out already!” I stop and throw my hands up. Why does everyone always bug me?

“If you wanted to be friends,” He stares down at his feet. I look him over and start walking again.

“I don’t need friends,” I state knowing that he won’t give up.

“Well what do you need?” This catches me off guard. Nobody has ever asked me what I nee. So I stop and this time I’m the one looking down and my feet.

“I don’t know,” I whisper.

“That’s okay,” His sweet breath caresses my cheek. I look back up at him, questioning.

“Is it?” A crooked smile plays across his face.

“We’ll find out, together.” Then the strange boy hugged me. And from then on, Drake and I became each others need.

I love to write, and was thinking about my relationship at the moment. And all I could think of was, Why hasn't he asked me what I need? Hope you like it :)

sasssgirrrl22 PLATINUM, Pearl River, New York

"Giving up is not a part of my vocabulary."
"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."
"Truth be told I miss ya, truth be told I'm lying."

i think this is really cute & i really like it but the only thing is that it seemed kinda rushed. idk maybe its just me. good job!

CanYouSeeTheCrazy PLATINUM, Cle Elum, Washington

"I know why everyone in this world is so desperate to find love."
"Oh yeah? Why then?"
"Because, it's the closest thing we have to magic."

please do. i think it would be lovely to see what your take on the situation would bring. =]

NeverSayNever GOLD, Lumby, Other
I wrote this with a cliff hanger for the reader to fill in the blanks of afterwards, but I might consider writing a sequel or something from years later.

"Oh yeah? Why then?"

oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, please please please write a sequel! that was such a ginormous cliffhanger, i'm hanging by my hair here...! i want to keep reading. give me something to keep reading. =]

NeverSayNever GOLD, Lumby, Other
I have posted tons, they just don't get put on, it's kinda sad since i love all the other pieces better

kmblue said...
kmblue, Unknown, Other

"To hell with sense! We're all crazy. What do we want with sense?"
Ernest Dowson

i really love your fiction peices. please post them! even if they are too long. ill be you dedicated reader! hahah

NeverSayNever GOLD, Lumby, Other
Well this was just a really short story of mine, I have started about twenty different dtories, just most are too long to post

KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

This is cute. What happens?

NeverSayNever GOLD, Lumby, Other
The author of evermore is I belive to be Allyson Noel, excuse me if I mess up the spelling lol :)

LaylaViolet said...
Oh, and I like the House of Night series too. I totally have Vampire Fever; and I'm not complaining :D Who's the author of Evermore? I'm really curious.

LaylaViolet said...
I did, in fact, like it. Very much. It was very interesting and kinda made me laugh (is that what you were going for?) Anyhoo, I really like your fiction pieces; poetry's not really my thing. Keep writing; you're really good! :P