This Goodbye's not Forever | Teen Ink

This Goodbye's not Forever

By ExpressThruWriting SILVER, Green Forest, Arkansas
ExpressThruWriting SILVER, Green Forest, Arkansas

"One of these days you will meet the right man who will always treat you right.... Yea what a load of crap..." -author unknown

“You have the map, money, cell,….” He trailed off.
“Don’t worry Dad, I’ve got everything.” She laughed trying to lighten the mood, but failing miserably. She had wanted this day to come so badly, but now that it was here she found she’d miss her Dad a lot. She couldn’t keep the tears from falling now. Down they came in a torrent of despair.
She had to go, but she wanted to stay too.
“Hey don’t cry, it’s a happy day.” Laughed Dad, but he was crying too.
“I’m going to miss you Daddy.” She whispered. Her Dad smiled. She knew he didn’t want to let her go, but she also knew he knew it was time for her to go. As her Mom would’ve said if she was there, it’s a part of growing up.
“ You’ll always be my little girl.” He whispered.
“And you’ll always be my favorite guy.” She laughed. Then she gulped it was time to go. “Oh Daddy….” She cried.
“Hey this isn’t goodbye forever.” He whispered as he hugged her. With that she got into the car, wiping tears from her eyes she pulled out of the driveway.
“You’ll always be my baby.” He whispered as he watched her drive away.

I was sitting listening to my favorite gospel band the Crabb Family when this song called Forever came so i wrote this story that sorta goes along with the song so enjoy.

yea it is sad...but happy too in a way. Honestly it sounded more sad today than when i wrote it

bookworm said...
Wow this is so sad I hope when I leave to go it won't be this sad