Forgetten Importance | Teen Ink

Forgetten Importance

By floaton BRONZE, E. Setauket, New York
floaton BRONZE, E. Setauket, New York

Wake up, grumble for a bit, find some clothes, pack your bag, and off to school or work. From there, you rush into the hustle and bustle of the masses cycling in relatively the same exact routine as you. Frustrations bloom throwing you off balance, a forgotten homework, a test too hard, a presentation fumbled. Over this, you fluster. Any ambition you may have had waking up that morning is gone. Worked up over these insignificant issues, you go home in a bit of a temper tantrum. Your sister, your mother, your wife or your husband, comes to you with news of their day, their troubles, and their worries. Maybe they want to share the relief of a laugh with you. This doesn’t matter. You are too busy in your cycle to step out of it for a little, to shake off the silly stresses of the day and watch the people you love most live, grow up, and share that with you. Too busy to appreciate the simplicity that surrounds us daily, that moves things along. Too busy to sit back and love those who love you, too busy to be thankful for what you have been given what has been laid out before you so perfectly and glitch free, you don’t even notice the system. One day, you will find yourself old and regretful, unable to recall too many of the long days you wasted that would have been beautiful memories, to keep you company in your tired state.