Nothings Perfect | Teen Ink

Nothings Perfect

October 23, 2009
By Warren_Uzumaki DIAMOND, Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
Warren_Uzumaki DIAMOND, Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
92 articles 28 photos 47 comments

Favorite Quote:
they say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life...
...some times the mind bends so much it snaps in two.

Love at first sight wastes less time


So many eyes stared back at me from the crowd making me shake like an earthquake. just about every one i knew was there waiting, as i was, for Emily to appear. Even as she did and walked down the aisle time decided to go slow still pushing the anxiety like a shopping cart into the middle of the parking lot.
Dressed in black not knowing it you'd assume it was a funeral if wasn't for the lack of a coffin in the font of the aisle. Instead there was Mike, Twitchy, who for once wasn't the twitchiest person there, and me, all waiting. Waiting like you did when in line to get on the roller coaster. And yet my wait was more nerve racking then even your first time waiting for the coaster ride.
As she stepped up to stand next to me my heart sped up a car injected suddenly with nitrous oxide. But I ignored it, nothing was to ruin this. At least not yet.
The ceremony went on it's way as any normal one would. The bouquet flew in to the air and came down into the crowd of brides maids as any wedding. Things seemed to be going perfectly, the cake made it, as did every guest and all the children were well behave, enough.
But just then, the perfection came to a halt like a speeding car did when it pulled it's brakes.
Light shown in my face, and we were under a pavilion. Beside me was an asteroid the size of a golf ball. As the first one hit many more followed, ducks behind their mother. The ceiling began to look as if it was made of Swiss cheese.
Everyone was running around like mice in a basement. Mike grabbed some baseball bats and started hitting space rocks back into the sky until one smacked him in the head knocking him unconscious. The sound that had erupted from the contact sounded like eggs cracking.
I went over to him faster than a cheetah on an antelope. He was bleeding but only briefly.
He'll live, I thought. I moved him to the other pavilion that was out of reach of the asteroids, candy on a shelf to a child.
As I did that people started to follow until fires broke out stopping them from reaching any place outside the target area as if God was trapping us in his cross hairs. Emily was in that circle being shot at, a mirror image of what was happening to my heart. The pain was so great my mind didn't pay attention to anything and my instincts took over.
I flew a cross the space between me and the fire flinging myself over the flames. Pain of love blocked all other feeling like a cold did your nose so my body ignored the faint but real, very real burns that ripped across my skin.
My first action was to pull the table cloths that were left in a big enough piece for me to use to put at least some of the fire out so everyone could get out of the target area. When I finally made a big enough exit Emily was the first to go as the fire was returning to where I had put it out.
An ambulance had finally made it to the park and started to help the victims that I had just noticed were banged up pretty bad. Just about every one had burned bruises the size of golf balls, the size of the asteroids. Mike was awake at the moment and only a bit dazed.
Knowing Emily was okay made all feeling flow back in to my body like a dam breaking. I noticed that as all the chaos went on I had been hit just about every where on my body. It hurt like, well a four letter word I won't say, but you know what I mean. Right now all I cared about was finishing the wedding which everyone agreed to do. We were all just glad to be alive.
Please take this story to heart, Life is a gift and not a given right. Live it like theirs no tomorrow, no live it like you only have but an hour left. And if an opportunity walks by don't just stand there. Reach out and take it. It may be your only chance.

The author's comments:
my friends espa=ecially my girlfriend inspired me to write this one