Baboom, Baboom | Teen Ink

Baboom, Baboom

By KarianaGold PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona
KarianaGold PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

The grass may be greener on the other side but sometimes when you get there you realize that he flowers were prettier back home.

Puffy eyes and runny mascara stare back at me from beyond the looking glass. The black tears drop into the sink loudly and I can feel my heart beating.

Baboom

Baboom
You were one who saved me. You showed me who the right friends were, yet you chose wrong and it cost me everything.
I choke up more tears and wash my face, removing the cheap makeup I use to fit in. The s*** I didn’t need when you were still here.

Baboom

Baboom
Without you I would have ended up with the exact girls we hate, the ones who when you aren’t friends with you can see what they are.
I lie down and start crying again, but the sound of the sobs is drowned out by my heart ripping itself out of my chest.

Baboom

Baboom
I sit up and try to accept the fact that my best friend is now wearing a mask. She is no longer the person I love; she is now one of the things I hate. As I realize that I cannot accept that I throw the framed picture of us at the mirror. As shattered glass spreads itself across the carpet my heartbeat begins to slow…

Baboom

Baboom

Baboom

Nothing Lasts Forever