My Enemy, the Dentist | Teen Ink

My Enemy, the Dentist

By tsaxgeek GOLD, Palmyra, New York
tsaxgeek GOLD, Palmyra, New York

I could feel my heart beat quickening with every passing minute. It was taking too long. I held my breath, listening with half-dread, half-anticipation for the distant sound of footsteps, the creaking of the door, the rehearsed hello. All was silent.
Resigned to continue my agonizing wait, I rested my head on the back of the mauve colored chair and surveyed my cell. The room, painted in a harsh, sterile white, was sparsely decorated. Its largest ornament, a clown faced clock with fat red lips, smiled mockingly down at me. A white desk sat at the south end of the chamber, covered with an array of metal torture devices.
Suddenly the door swung open. A dark-haired young woman, wearing a white laboratory coat and pink neon pumps, walked cheerfully into the room.
“Good afternoon, Jimmy!” she chirped gaily. I forced a grin. “Are you ready to see Dr. Sakalow today?” I nodded despite the fear welling up inside of me.
The hygienist shut the door and walked over to my chair. “Let’s have a look at those pearly whites,” she commanded as she donned blue rubber gloves. I felt the chair slowly reclining. A flash of white light momentarily blinded me. “Open,” she said. Reluctantly I obeyed.
After poking around for a few minutes with a sickle probe, the hygienist stood up and announced the completion of her exam. The door closed and again I was alone, waiting in terror. My heart pulsated wildly. My hands were sweaty. I started at the slightest noise, the slightest movement.
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, attempting to calm my frayed nerves. It would only be a few minutes now. In a few minutes, I would be walking out of here. My misery would be at an end. It would only be a few more minutes now, just a few more minutes…
I opened my eyes and breathed a sigh of relief. And then all my fears came flooding back. For standing in front of me was my enemy, the dentist.

Adrenalinejunkie52 SILVER, Sweet Home, Oregon

geez louise!
Hot Dang!!
Wasshupp?!!? (wuh-shup)
Hey You!

please read my story called There is hope. its right next to your story. tell me how you like it!

tsaxgeek GOLD said...
tsaxgeek GOLD, Palmyra, New York
Thanks! :)

geez louise!
Hot Dang!!
Wasshupp?!!? (wuh-shup)
Hey You!

I thought this was a very hooking story. I liked it a lot! Keep on writing!!