Butterflies | Teen Ink

Butterflies

December 31, 2009
By EMOEMY GOLD, Flower Mound, Texas
EMOEMY GOLD, Flower Mound, Texas
15 articles 2 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If the world didn't suck we would all fall off", "My life's goal is to make those closest smile and laugh", "If you don't like it change it"


Have you ever stopped to smell the flowers or tried to be a butterfly?
I did.
I smelled all types of flowers big ones little ones, red ones blue ones, budding ones and dying ones each had there own unique smell. I felt like a little kid again. I left that peaceful place as an airplane running my engine zooming by buildings and around people in my favorite sneakers and bouncy pigtails I reached the light and turned into a rabbit hopping on each line like under me was lava. I reached the abandon house on the end of my street and scaled the vine ladder like a squirrel would a tree. Once inside I was instantly royalty I was greeted by hundreds of others who had waited for my arrival I walked to the door and was transformed into a singer with paparazzi every ware I looked. I slid down the stair railing like a surfer and rushed out the door I raced Lance Armstrong on my bike and won by a foot. I raced on the racing horse, which turned into a bucking bronco in a rodeo contest. Flying into the house I ran into THAT man again he gave me the creeps and a slap across the face like always. He swore wile screaming at me with my mom lying there sobbing on the floor again I could see where he had hit her. I turned around and ran I ran too the high school it is three stories tall and the roof is unlocked I like to sit on the edge and dangle my legs off the side on windy days. I ran to the top and swerved around all the flowers like usual and I sat down in the middle of all the flowers. When HE came I usually would sit there and watch the bugs crawl around me but for the first time there was a flutter of butterflies I was mesmerized by them instantly I was a butterfly on the top of the school by the park I followed the flutter of butterflies I flew around flowers and my mind went blank I lost control of my body like I was in a seat watching a movie and just watched my self copy the butterflies flying up and down round and round right until I hit the ground. The pain kicked in only after I realized I had tried to follow them off the edge of the schools rooftop. That is the only memory I have of my childhood.