I loved you, but not anymore. | Teen Ink

I loved you, but not anymore.

By h_girl123 GOLD, Claremore, Oklahoma
h_girl123 GOLD, Claremore, Oklahoma

"Playing life by ear"

I walked to my locker to put my books away after my boring, English class, and that was when I saw him walking my way. He was three years older, and absolutely adorable! He was a real gentleman, and everyone knew it. And to make it even better, he was mine.

Troy and I had been dating for over three months. I was a freshman, and he was a senior. We didn’t care about the age, though.

“Hey, Babe.” He said, coming up to me and putting his arm around my waist.

“Hey,” I kissed his cheek.

“Are we hanging out after school today?”

I nodded a joyful nod. “You should come over to my house today.” I announced.

“I thought that your dad wouldn’t let me in your house?” It was a question. My father didn’t agree with the age difference between Troy and me, but that wasn’t going to stop me.

“Well, he won’t, but he is out of town.” I explained. “The house will be empty.”

“Oh really?” He raised his eyebrow like he normally did when an idea intrigued him. I shook my head, and rolled my eyes with a small giggle as he pulled me closer.

Two weeks later.

“Troy, I’m pregnant.” I told him in a silent classroom that I had forced him in to talk.

“You cheated on me?” He was angry.

“It’s your’s!” I exclaimed.

“No, it’s not.” He stated, and then walked out of the room.

I was a freshman in high school, and not only was I pregnant, but I was officially alone.

lily1411 BRONZE, Fargo, North Dakota

Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.

--Benjamin Franklin

this probably one of the most raw things that I've read so far. and that's a compliment. If it became a book, put me on the waiting list:)

Secret_Love_Tells GOLD, Harrisonburg, Virginia

"I love you more than the sun loves the sky and the moon loves the stars" --my best friend
"Do it for love." --sark
"One does not succeed in never falling but in getting back up evertime they do so."- Confucius

I really like this! My mom was actually a teen mom... with me. She was 15 when she got pregnant and 16 when she had me. She's only 31 now.... do the math.